Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: DB2 Reply with quote

Sure I've seen this before Laughing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIMOTA-DB2-FF-BimotaDucati-/230498772960?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item35aacc27e0

Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

previous owner spent £4500 on mods and owned it for 15 years Very Happy
can't possibly Johns old bike then.................
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there's a couple of typo's eg. £45.00 and 1.5 years Laughing
mibota

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: DB2 Reply with quote

Yes, all good fun, Very Happy and yes you have seen it before and i never intended to sell it when i bought it. Sad If you wish to have the script of my ad explained pls contact me; danger is this sort of 'banter' Evil or Very Mad can ruin the forced sale of a genuine superb bike by a genuine Bim enthusiast.
John never registered the bike he was never the 'keeper' as per DVLA speak, but his name is on some of the bills so the new owner will know the full history. And the engine bills are closer to £5k
It is of course for sale to all genuine Bimota enthusiasts here and there are no typo's!!
All the best Jon
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please accept my apologies - my intention was never to attempt to ruin the sale of your bike.
In future I will keep my comments to myself, after all the forum exists solely to sell bikes on. Very Happy

Good luck with your sale.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow......
That's a bit of a rightous reply being as most people on here know that the previous owner diden't own it for 15 years or spend over 4.5k on it.
As for genuine Bimota enthusiasts, you wouldent sell it it to an ordinary bimota enthusiast then.
One of the reasons I like this forum is there are NO banter police Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm, one of the benefits of owning such rare machinery is that we do know the history of many of the bikes out there. This forum is full of great members who pride themselves in helping new and old members with as much info sharing as possible and get a kick out of it. That ebay ad is misleading. No doubt. Just because john didn't put his name on the log book does not infer he didn't own it. So I suggest before you start knocking the guys on the forum for pointing it out, you would be better advised to apologize for the error and be more honest to the potential buyer who will probably join this forum anyway! There is no mistaking its a great bike and well looked after by John, that should have been enough. Exclamation

Last edited by Pompey on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
mibota

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some confusion over the term 'owner' and 'keeper' as an ex copper i know the difference, and perhaps i therefore should have known better, i accept that my ebay ad could be construed as misleading those with who do not know better, it was never my intention to mislead, and to state it was 'intentional' is dangerous talk indeed, i have added a note to my ad' to make it clear, i hope, to all readers of my ad. As you rightly say with these machines individually so well known it would be foolish of anyone to invent anything. intentional? dishonest? pompey please withdraw that on this forum. Banter Police? no, ebay Police? yes, i wouldn't have it any other way!! all the best, Honest Jon
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an ex copper you really should have known better?
What's that got to do with it?
I know a current copper who is the biggest villain out there
Fraid I'm with Pompey on this, Your ad was a little more than misleading, You made statements which are known to be untrue. Wink
Yes you have now amended your ad AFTER Pompey made his post Wink
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that all this owner, keeper stuff was changed a while back.
The name on the log book is now the Owner and there is now no such thing as the registerd keeper.
mibota

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell Oily (greasey?)you must be bored, talk about keep a thread alive by whatever means!! go and find the log book for your bike - look under section 11 at the bottom of page 3 - it states amongst other things your responsibilities as the registered keeper - 'The registered keeper is: not necessarily the owner of the vehicle no the wonder you have so many posts against your name, mostly twaddle, every forum has one, bet you were thumped a lot at school. I have complied with the law by applying for a V5 in my name and taxing the Bimota, i note no one has queried why the previous OWNER did not do likewise. Jon
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yeah sticks and stones........well done, might have been funny without the attitude

The previous owner didn't attempt to mislead anyone and without checking the keeper thing, I stand corrected which I invited you to do.

Perhap's we will meet in person sometime and can check out your theory. Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some confusion over the term " dishonest" and " more Honest" ? I cant retract what I didn't say. I saw the change in the ebay ad and if I was looking at it for the first time I would be impressed by the open and candid explanation. I bet you get a better price for it now then you would have before so good effort. i was going to say maybe change your name from mibota to loophole but I figure humour doesn't transmit well on occasion in type so I wont... or is that another ermmmm, loop thingy. Good luck. Laughing
mibota

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK chaps, sorry for coming over a bit heavy, i knew what i meant in the ad but now accept it could be misconstrued if the terms i used were not understood, i did not mean to mislead anyone! I have seen how 'banter' well meaning or not has destroyed peoples sales of bikes on other forums and perhaps over reacted to the suggestion i was in some way being underhand and that my reputation, albeit in cyberspace was being called in to question. Anyone studying the wad of receipts relating to the bike would see the numbers of owners / registered keepers there has been in the bikes life so it would be pointless lying. It is a fact that the previous 'keeper' had the bike for 15 years and spent over £4.5 k on the engine and the previous 'owner' had it for 12 months? and spent £45 on it!!! i should have stated that also. The point i was asking to be retracted was that i was being misleading and intended to be. The tradgedy of all this is that i have to sell the Bim after such a short time Crying or Very sad , i just love it and have always aspired to one, but unfortunately the engine i have bought for my kit plane needs a rebuild which i hadn't budgeted for, i need the money out of the bike. It has now hit it's reserve on ebay which is exactly what it cost me to wrestle it away from John's grasp with fuel etc. so i did not buy it for profit! i fully intend to buy another Bimota when £ allow, preferably Ducati powered, DB7? yum; so it looks like i shall return to be a 'lurker' again shortly!! thanks chaps it has been fun Very Happy !!!!!! all the best, jon
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mibota it is then. No worries Jon. Well done on the sale, I have just had to go through the same thing with my SB6 and am saving the pennies for a db7. I am sure the whole conversation would have been different face to face. Just like people are far braver from the seat of their cars in road rage and over react... Wink There are to few bimota owners around not to get on, look what happened to the dodo's! Oh, hang on, they got beaten by sailors who ate them... which brings us nicely to Oily... Hope you get a genuine buyer and I figure that owning a bike is not a prerequisite for being a forum member, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: