Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Exhaust Moto Corse or other for DB 5 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4Fun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Exhaust Moto Corse or other for DB 5 2005 Reply with quote

Hello

I am searching a Exhaust for my DB 5 , built 2005

Greets

4Fun
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you after a full system or just end cans? Original or does it have to be Moto Corse???
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you after a full system or just end cans? Original or does it have to be Moto Corse???
4Fun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I donīt search the OEM Exhaust / End Canes .

First choice for me : Moto Corse full System or end Canes

i donīt know more Exhaust / Endcanes for the DB5

last option for me : Zard full System ZB.080.SKR , but it needs over 12 weeks for built it

Greets
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you based/living??...Which country

Do you have a setoff original zard headers from the exhaust outlet already? with or without cats?

I have a used spare set of zard headers for both cylinders all the way up to the end cans....I am using Zard titanium end cans (open) at the moment.

There are still some Zard dealers that have the full systems and end cans...normally with the squishy oval carbon fibre end race cans....here in the UK...USA and Italy...

I have only seen one set of moto corse full titanium system and end cans for sale outside of Japan...and he wanted 2500 euros for the system...But...it is recommended to retune the Walbro ECU on the bike for it to run correctly...do you have the software or the connecter lead? Do you have a Walbro ECU II on your bike or the early Pegaso system fitted on the 1000cc mille engine?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you based/living??...Which country

Do you have a setoff original zard headers from the exhaust outlet already? with or without cats?

I have a used spare set of zard headers for both cylinders all the way up to the end cans....I am using Zard titanium end cans (open) at the moment.

There are still some Zard dealers that have the full systems and end cans...normally with the squishy oval carbon fibre end race cans....here in the UK...USA and Italy...
4Fun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I live in Germany

My DB 5 is built 2005 , so i donīt have a cat . ECU i donīt know yet , but i want to fit 1100 Zylinder and other camshafts and a Exhaust / End canes .
Then i go on a power motor testing station ( kämna ) They make a new Set Up ....

You knew a Zard Dealer , who have a Zard full System ZB.080.SKR on stock ?? Maybe you have a link for me ?

I donīt know , that Zard have Version with Titanium end canes ...

But first choice is Moto Corse ... 2500 Euro for used Full system , when it looks good ... i mean New was over 5000 ...
Have you more Info for me ( hope it is not a Sale Offer from Germany in Ducati Forum . This is sold . )

Greets
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often there is a cat in the X piece 2:2 branch behind the rear cylinder...and sometimes an enlarged pipe section on the front header under the engine that has a cat in it also

Heres a link to worldwide suppliers that list the zard systems for DB5....but...you have to be careful and contact them direct....as sometimes they are selling you the full system with headers...and sometimes its just the end cans the squishy carbon ones which are open cans with no baffles so dont pass noise tests....which is not tested here in the UK....

Zard did have a set of oval titanium end race cans that they made for the DB5R only....which are open....they came as standard with the bike together with black painted heavy oval cans which had baffles in...I have a contact at Zard in Italy who also will sell zard products direct to you for less than the ebay prices....as I bought cat free headers from her for my DB5R and DB6R...

The used Moto Corse system was in Belgium but...it was many years ago on ebay….

Link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=zard+bimota+db5&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

Scroll down on this link and you will see my tricolor Db5R with the oval titanium end cans which are open...before that you will see my DB2 which has open titanium Moto Corse system

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Scroll down and see all on this page and theres more pictures of the titanium Oval zard cans on my Db5R and also the titanium Round Arrow cans on my DB6R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: