Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

any issues I should know about in advance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shay001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: any issues I should know about in advance? Reply with quote

Well guys, I seem to have reached the zenith of BIMOTA ownership. Got a call from BIMOTA Australia in early December saying that my Tesi 3D Naked was in fact finished.

I paid my deposit in June, paid the balance in August and was told September...then October...then December. I set the cat among the pigeons by asking for my money back, there was one for sale here second hand. Within 5 working days I got the good news (let us hope it ain't BS). I was offered it complianced as a 2018 model or a 2019. I opted for 2019. Rang again just before Christmas, was assured all was well, but as it is going to be a 2019 model it can't arrive here until after January 1 (thems the rules in this country at any rate)

So the burning question is, what do I have to be aware of? Any problems, idiosyncrasies etc that might catch me out? I'm fine with Ducati engines, having at least one in the garage since 1976. I've amassed a heap of special tools etc.

Just need to find out about the rest of this machine, and anything I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you are a very trusting person paying up front !!!
Not sure what the difference is between a 2018 or a 2019 model, or in fact a 2016 model TBH. But its a Tesi and that is all you need to know !!
In true Bimota style , they are all different due to one financial crisis or another !! Laughing

As far as issues , not really had any myself , heard of a 3D being supplied with steering alignment issues and what sounded like basic PDI problems.
Other than that the only real issue I have heard of is getting the front wheel balanced as no normal spindle to attach it to machine , but worry about that in 5km time!!

Just enjoy it for what it is , a great motorcycle !!
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: issues Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 1D so not sure if relavant but I got caught out a couple of times when turning in tight spots, carpark. Not a lot from lock to lock and then suddenly your at full lock and almost dropped it
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: issues Reply with quote

I had a new front tyre fitted and the shop had no problem balancing after fitting
shay001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Tesi 3D did not materialize, after being told it was ready for delivery in January 2019 I made a call to the importer's agent in Sydney who immediately offered me a refund. Luckily there was a Tesi 3D evo (but with front shock mounted on swingarm as per the naked) advertised second hand for sale in Victoria so I grabbed that and saved same cash in the bargain.

On the subject of front wheel balance, I have had some adapters made up to enable static balance. They work well and no issues with the result.

A brilliant machine and the jewel in the crown of my modest collection
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay001

Congratulations in getting your deam.......I too have trusted and been let down..but hey ho!

Glad you are happy with the TESI...a beautiful machine.

Good luck and happy riding.

and the TESI will be one of a few Bimota with an active aftermarket service and upgrade via MotoCorse in Japan...should you wish.

regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: