Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New member: Bimota DB5
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: New member: Bimota DB5 Reply with quote

Hi

This is Pablo from Valencia/Spain, I own a Bimota DB5 I bought brand new back in 2006.............

It currently has only 2500Kms on the odometer and donīt ask why I have had it in my garage stopped for 10 years Wink !!!

I am having it ready to ride it again (you know, tires, belts, oil, fluids.......etc).

I will go and read through the forum to see what can I learn Smile

Happy yo be here and share my experiences with you all.

Cheers
Pablo
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pablo , welcome to the forum .

I assume being 2006 you have a DB5 Mille with Ohlins suspension and alloy fuel tank, single seat,alloy sub frame ?? These are very high spec bikes !! Very nice . Very Happy

Pictures , we love pictures , especially if they are un-clothed Shocked
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, the very first db5 series Very Happy
I will upload some pictures, now it is without fairings and tank, it is amazing how much dust you can have in ten years of storage...... but as soon as I was cleaning it came up how new it is Very Happy
lobomau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Pablo.

Nice bike. Hope you can bring back it to ride.

Now, for the the most important question.
Do you have the software (CD-ROM) to connect to the ECU and make the diagnostics and adjustments?
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lobomau wrote:
Hola Pablo.

Nice bike. Hope you can bring back it to ride.

Now, for the the most important question.
Do you have the software (CD-ROM) to connect to the ECU and make the diagnostics and adjustments?

I got it back on the day from Bimota dealer, cable and software, I tried some changes to try to get rid of the "glitches" at low rpms by enrichment without success........

I will perform more trials again once it is ready again.
lobomau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo,

You have the software. AMAZING !!
Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
can you share it?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

if it is software for AThena-pegaso ECU,
you are a very special lucky person.

If you can share it, I'll go to Valencia and offer you a couple of beers and dinner
Smile Smile Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has the athena ecu software.... Bimota didnt produce ir before it went bump....there is software for the early pegaso ecu...which had fueling glitches... So they changed to walbro which fixed it...and they produced software for that also... The last production of bimotas used athena ecus....try aprilia shops.
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo says
"I got it back on the day from Bimota dealer, cable and software, I tried some changes to try to get rid of the "glitches" "

The software is mentioned and explained in the DB6 workshop manual, also in the DB5 and ...

Saw some selling adverts of DB6 with pegaso dashboard that mentioned diagnostics CD-ROM and cables

Some users in this forum and others, said "I have the software".

I still think it exists.

Let's hope Pablo has it.
If he has it, and can share it, I propose you also go to Valencia and offer Pablo some beers and a couple of dinners.
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I will share what I have it was very simple and I was not able by changing the enrinchment parameters to get rid of the "glitches"...... Sad

But you were able to flash new calibrations.....etc

My DB5 broke the engine (rear cylinder) with just 700kms from new, I was told that the calibration flashed on my ECU was one of the very first ones that led to engine failures, that is why the Spanish dealer at the time repaired the byke under warranty and provided the cable and the software to me Smile , they also provided a spare ECU just in case that I tested without success......

Let me have a look in my old computer (remember 10 years stored) and I will share what I have.

In fact, if someone has a tested calibration that fixes the "glitches" he will make me the most happy person in the world Very Happy , it was one of the reasons why I stopped riding the byke........
Pablo DB5

No problem, I will share what I have it was very simple and I was not able by changing the enrinchment parameters to get rid of the "glitches"...... Sad

My DB5 broke the engine (rear cylinder) with just 700kms from new, I was told that the calibration flashed on my ECU was one of the very first ones that led to engine failures, that is why the Spanish dealer at the time repaired the byke under warranty and provided the cable and the software to me Smile , they also provided a spare ECU just in case that I tested without success......

Let me have a look in my old computer (remember 10 years stored) and I will share what I have.

In fact, if someone has a tested calibration that fixes the "glitches" he will make me the most happy person in the world Very Happy , it was one of the reasons why I stopped riding the byke........
Pablo DB5

Pablo DB5

Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upps, apologies, I do not know why the post is repeated....... Sad
Carlampio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pablo,

It's nice to see other valencian around here. I'm in Ontinyent!
I have a DB6.

Estamos en contacto! Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo DB5 wrote:

Wow , if you have the correct map and the software to install it you are going to make a lot of people very happy !! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: