Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New member: Bimota DB5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited about the possibility of the existence of the software.

Pablo,
There are two softwares:
- one for diagnostics and adjustements (TPS ,....)
- other for tuning, is called Minitune

Please confirm your dashboard is like this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99mqb12wzxjceh4/IMG_20181102_094529_.jpg

Everybody,
About the cable for connecting Pegaso-ECU to computer (USB)
it's a cable with converter (TTL 5V to USB),
You can buy it in FTDI,
https://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm
probably in an electronics shop near you.
this
TTL-232R-5V-WE Version 1 cable. Supports +5V based UART signalling and +5V/75mA based power output.
or this
TTL-232RG-VSW5V-WE Supports +5V based TTL level UART signals and +5V / 450mA power output
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf
you have to make connector to ECU with AMP connector
check how to do it here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/203lal4ddvtol7m/obd_pinout.pdf
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remark:
the cable and software I mentioned the previous post is valid for ECU - Pegaso that uses the dashbord also mentioned.
Not valid for other ECU (like Walbro ECU) and other dashboards.

If the ECU is Walbro, then I think the cable is RS232 (not TTL) converter to USB. And software is different, also some diagnostics systems like TEXA can diagnose those ECUs.
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remark:
the cable and software I mentioned the previous post is valid for ECU - Pegaso that uses the dashbord also mentioned.
Not valid for other ECU (like Walbro ECU) and other dashboards.

If the ECU is Walbro, then I think the cable is RS232 (not TTL) converter to USB. And software is different, also some diagnostics systems like TEXA can diagnose those ECUs.
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lobomau wrote:
I'm excited about the possibility of the existence of the software.

Pablo,
There are two softwares:
- one for diagnostics and adjustements (TPS ,....)
- other for tuning, is called Minitune

Please confirm your dashboard is like this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99mqb12wzxjceh4/IMG_20181102_094529_.jpg

Everybody,
About the cable for connecting Pegaso-ECU to computer (USB)
it's a cable with converter (TTL 5V to USB),
You can buy it in FTDI,
https://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm
probably in an electronics shop near you.
this
TTL-232R-5V-WE Version 1 cable. Supports +5V based UART signalling and +5V/75mA based power output.
or this
TTL-232RG-VSW5V-WE Supports +5V based TTL level UART signals and +5V / 450mA power output
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf
you have to make connector to ECU with AMP connector
check how to do it here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/203lal4ddvtol7m/obd_pinout.pdf

I will try to check this afternoon if in found some free time, but I am pretty sure it was the minitune, my dashboard is exactly the same you are showing in the link.
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to upload pictures to the forum? so I can share with pictures what I have for better understanding of everybody Very Happy
Pablo DB5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked at home, I still have the cable which is usb to the diagnosis connector in the byke and the software in a memory stick, it is 196Mb and contains the usb driver, the minitune 202 software and the bta 102 software, everything compressed in rar format.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have software for Walbro ECU I and II which covers Walbros fitted to the later (middle range) DB5/6/7/Tesi 3D.....The connecter cable is no longer available from Bimota suppliers/dealers...but I do have a simple one page schematic of how to make one for under $10.....as the ECU connecter on the bike is a standard item for a Ducati fuel level sensor connecter....

Youre right with the size of the programmes however...too big to email...I've sent ones out in the past on CD-rom or memory stick.....cant be emailed as theres many folders and subfolders and all have to be aligned under each other for it to work...easy enough though to burn onto memory stick or CD-rom
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo DB5 wrote:
Just checked at home, I still have the cable which is usb to the diagnosis connector in the byke and the software in a memory stick, it is 196Mb and contains the usb driver, the minitune 202 software and the bta 102 software, everything compressed in rar format.

UauuUUUU !!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
thatīs the complete package, as described in the workshop manual.
You are the special one.
This is a giant step for DBimotakind.

can you share in dropbox or similar ...

Uaauuuuuu!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lobomau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I have software for Walbro ECU I and II which covers Walbros fitted to the later (middle range) DB5/6/7/Tesi 3D.....The connecter cable is no longer available from Bimota suppliers/dealers...but I do have a simple one page schematic of how to make one for under $10.....as the ECU connecter on the bike is a standard item for a Ducati fuel level sensor connecter....

Youre right with the size of the programmes however...too big to email...I've sent ones out in the past on CD-rom or memory stick.....cant be emailed as theres many folders and subfolders and all have to be aligned under each other for it to work...easy enough though to burn onto memory stick or CD-rom

Great 2bims.
if you need to send it to anyone, I propose to zip-rar-compress all these folders-files into one file, and then send it or share it shared file site like dropbox.
nichosk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="2bims"]I have software for Walbro ECU I and II which covers Walbros fitted to the later (middle range) DB5/6/7/Tesi 3D.....The connecter cable is no longer available from Bimota suppliers/dealers...but I do have a simple one page schematic of how to make one for under $10.....as the ECU connecter on the bike is a standard item for a Ducati fuel level sensor connecter....

2bims, please can I have a copy of 'simple one page schematic' for the connector cable? I missed out on getting a cable from German Bimota guy (apologies I forgot his name) some months (now years!) ago. Many thanks in advance.
lobomau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo DB5, 2bims,

Good morning

If you want to send files (and folders) to someone, you can use
https://www.filemail.com/

I m interested
miguel.r.guimaraes@gmail.com

thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nichosk"]
2bims wrote:

2bims, please can I have a copy of 'simple one page schematic' for the connector cable? I missed out on getting a cable from German Bimota guy (apologies I forgot his name) some months (now years!) ago. Many thanks in advance.

Armin Schneider is/was the man......pm me your email address and I'll send it over....i'll also tryto post it on here
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nichosk"]
2bims wrote:

Armin Schneider is/was the man......pm me your email address and I'll send it over....i'll also tryto post it on here
nichosk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo DB5 wrote:

Shocked

You are going to be a very popular person !!!! Laughing
I would love a copy of that for my DB5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: