Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

db7 won't start after fitting new exhaust
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - just started it by putting 12 volts direct to the little wires on the starter solenoid with the kill switch disconnected at the first block behind the speedo.
mick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: db7 won't start Reply with quote

Hi Bob, Just a thought but it could be a relay switch sometimes they vibrate loose! there is one by the battery and i think without checking the other two are on the other side. It happened to me once I took it out flicked it with my finger replaced it and everything was fine. I always carry a spare now they cost about £3 Its easy to find out which one does what by removing them one at a time and then checking your lights horn etr. You can eliminate the faulty one by swapping them around
mick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: db7 won't start Reply with quote

One more thought I assume you have checked all the fuse's ?
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth checking what Mick says....and you should feel honoured....its a special day when Mick writes on here...teehee...Oh..and you have a pm also
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to 2bims and Mick. After taking the bike apart. checking all the connectors and connections and earths and relays and solenoids and side stand switches and kill switches and starter motor and the rotation of the earth - finally I decided to check the clutch switch - lol NOT Yes it was the clutch switch - a little tang of metal in the wrong place.

In my defence - t is very cold in Scotland and my brian may not be fully engaged lol.

So thanks again.

PS motocross pipes sound very much like standard. Can't wait until its warm enough to ride. Probably July.

Cheers.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the laugh this afternoon Bob....the god old clutch switch with its naff little spring flat plate steel wire that pushes a tiny 10pence solenoid.....One went awol on one of my bikes...but you need good eyes to see that its not there anymore....but you can always push the switch in by hand....it probably is a later one with cross cut plastic tangs that just push into 2 holes on the clutch master assembly...same set up as brake light switch on the handlebar master unit.....Most people find the connecter and put a permanent ON all the time bridge across them one wire 2 bullet connecter pushed onto the pin ends of the connecter block...still pull the clutch each time just to lighten the load on the starter motor though...Glad its working again...now you just need to either gut the original zard end can of its baffles or get an aftermarket race can for it....Germany is the place
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: