Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New CAR SOS Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: New CAR SOS Series Reply with quote

First episode Airs tonight on National Geographic....8pm.....start of a new series....7 episodes in General....What? I hear you say.....Not Bimota Chat...No...but its here in General Chat.....and why here in the first place....?

Well...a certain somewhere on here has had a car done by them...and now handed over....Said person ignited a spark in their son by buying a Bimota many years ago....Said son carried on that tradition with more bimotas....and then gave insight on how to buy from Europe and register in UK....which is terrifying at first...but childs play the tenth time....

Present at Shows we've done before....albeit fleetingly at start and end...but his Bims have always been there......and said person popped in for a night and day, with his Father at the Brands HAtch Festival D'Italia when we showed some Bimotas down there...although on that occasion he didn't have any bikes with him....Congrats to his Dad....and Big Thanks to his son for the passion that for myself at least poured more fuel onto my fire (several tanker loads) to venture further than "just 2Bims"....Oh fellows...you've cost me SO much money over the years...

https://www.facebook.com/NatGeoUK/videos/403715453732919/

Cant say anymore....the show keeps secret what cars they've done to keep the suspense up....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer them to rebuild something over a longer time, that way you get to see more, but yeah lets build it over 7 days, feel the tension, maybe.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I'm referencing did break the record as being the LONGEST build they ever carried out.....but yeh...I'm with ya...more time and detail...but then not everyones a spanner monkey....most would lose attraction if to much detail...and ...its supposed to be a sob story with a happy ending
yb11reno

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Doesn’t look like we get it over here. Sad
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now reveal....as they did so in the series last night....that the car in question is a Lamborghini Espada…...fully restored back to life for the Father of one of our members on here.....Hhmmm....I wonder if said person is allowed to pop up a few pictures of said car on this wee small smallest of Forums....
brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very cool Cool. I have seen this show and get a chuckle out of it. But I think the episodes that we get are pretty old
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: