Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

I think i've bought another Bimota!(updated i didn't get it)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: I think i've bought another Bimota!(updated i didn't get it) Reply with quote

I'm waiting on confirmation from my shipping agent, but i believe i have just purchased one of the rarest Bimota's made... I gave him instructions and a high maximum bid, and the listing is now sold... I just hope it is to me Smile

After seeing Brian buy his 4th Bimota, i was feeling a little left out.... and you all know the rest of the story...

I'm hoping to hear confirmation tomorrow, so in the mean time, let's see who can guess what i think i've bought...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.

Last edited by rpo83 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Rolling Eyes ... hmm, looking forward to an update on this one Steve! Fingers crossed mate
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducati or japanese engine?
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Shocked Rolling Eyes ... hmm, looking forward to an update on this one Steve! Fingers crossed mate

Thanks Mate, It is going to be a tense night wondering if i was successful...

My bid was the most money i've ever spent on a bike!! It all feels very surreal as i haven't even seen it or know anything about its condition, it is a big chance i'm taking on a handful of photos..

And if i'm totally honest, i don't really like the paint scheme Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:
Ducati or japanese engine?

No hints.... but i will tell you it is from the old guard, pre 2003...

Steve

atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tesi 1D edizione finale ?
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm , Rarest Bimota and pre 2003 ????

SB8K .
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:

Nah...thats all carbon fibre black isnt it...quite like that colour scheme

"most expensive bike ever I've bought"....I think we can rule out the HB1...havent see any of those come up for sale....

I'm guessing "DB1"...but mainly coz I recall the odd "weird" colour scheme DB1 come up for auction in Japan....but with sensible mods also like 17inch mavic wheels....Its not "pink" is it???

Also a weird painted DB2 I've seen....So DB1 or DB2 as they still fetch high prices in Japan and elsewhere
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:

"most expensive bike ever I've bought"....I think we can rule out the HB1...havent see any of those come up for sale....

I'm guessing "DB1"...but mainly coz I recall the odd "weird" colour scheme DB1 come up for auction in Japan....but with sensible mods also like 17inch mavic wheels....Its not "pink" is it???

Also a weird painted DB2 I've seen....So DB1 or DB2 as they still fetch high prices in Japan and elsewhere
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:

I like the way you think.

Don't i wish!!! I don't have the funds for one of those!! Would be nice though..

Steve

rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Hmmm , Rarest Bimota and pre 2003 ????

SB8K .

That is a bike on my wish list, but sadly no.

Steve

rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
atomibart wrote:

See, Steve is logically working through the question... No not HB1 or DB1 or Pink Smile

Steve

rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just confirmation i missed the bike Sad

It was at an auction my import guy doesn't buy from, he messaged me during the day yesterday telling me it was a damaged bike auction, and did i still want to proceed.

I told him that after looking carefully at the pics i was still interested.

He emailed me this morning confirming we didn't get it, as he needed to find someone who could bid... he wasn't able to find anyone in time.

The bike was a YB6 EI, it had some very tasty bits, ohlins upside down forks, six spot front calipers and various nice bits all over it..

Steve

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a lucky "miss".....there does seem to be a High poker stakes Risk in the last few years with quite a few of us buying Bimotas seemingly Blind....just from emailed pictures...and with their clothes off...many can be hiding issues...But...touch wood, myself included, no one I've heard of has yet caught a dead 'un....dead in the water, seized motor, twisted frame wreck etc etc....And I think auctions are even riskier....some auctions I've been to theres no history to view and no owner around to ask questions...and the Auctioneers profess not to even have the key...and give no blurb in their descriptions to ascertain if the thing even runs or can be started...all questions that you can normally ask when buying private.....Some auctions I've been to have them stacked so close you cant even get to have a good poke around or even pull them out....and that includes the likes of Bonhams...I was quite dismayed to be frank....What I did conjure...was that if you had a Shiney Bimota...or any other brand...and gave the bodywork a shiney polish...you could auction if off without a hint of what dangers you knew lurked beneath....with no comeback whatsoever on the seller or the auction company....very scarey indeed...at least the Japanese auction houses seem to differ in this respect...showing running clips and detailed pictures and at least letting known traders inspect and see if they run
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You maybe correct Steve, but i'll never know unless it turns up somewhere. It was an interesting time when it appeared on my radar, there were no photos and it was described as blue/white.

So straight away i thought it had been modified and it could go cheap. Smile

A few days before the auction, the photos appeared and as soon as i saw them, i knew i'd seen it before... i did a bit of searching and "Who" had posted about the bikes a while back http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5225

Looking at the pic from the Tokyo Show it looked like that exact same bike, same forks, just different calipers. I didn't love the paint scheme, but i did love the potential provenance... 1 of 4..

Here are the pics i saw..

How clean are the headers!!

This was weird... why unbolted?

Yum..

This was the only questionable thing i saw, fairing not fitting well and held by a tie.

So left hand caliper removed and left side of fairing questionable mount.. Other than that it looked like a very rare bike.

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: