Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

I think i've bought another Bimota!(updated i didn't get it)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is clean....reason for clean headers...theyre titanium from start to finish...titanium does blue up like on the end can branch....so maybe its been cleaned...but it certainly doesnt tarnish...ever....Caliper hanging....perhaps just a sticking piston in the 3 pot caliper...theyre not high end calipers those...same as Yamaha R1 6 pot calipers...and if just one pot is sticking ...you cant push the bike around.....I recall the bike...but forgot (afterall its got 2 too many cylinders for my garage..teehee)

Thats pearlescent white also....and the blues are very Bimota YB9 bellaria blue....nice...what was your bid going to be?
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,100,000 yen, so with taxes and shipping it would have been $17,000 - $20,000 AUD the $3K is the asbestos tax if it all went wrong.. i have the agent remove brake pads, exhaust gaskets and clutch plates, so the likelyhood was closer to $17,000... But i had to factor in worst case...

Looking at sale prices in Japan, historically YB6's have sold mainly for around 500,000 - 700,000 Yen

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
That is clean....reason for clean headers...theyre titanium from start to finish...titanium does blue up like on the end can branch....so maybe its been cleaned...but it certainly doesnt tarnish...ever....Caliper hanging....perhaps just a sticking piston in the 3 pot caliper...theyre not high end calipers those...same as Yamaha R1 6 pot calipers...and if just one pot is sticking ...you cant push the bike around.....I recall the bike...but forgot (afterall its got 2 too many cylinders for my garage..teehee)

Thats pearlescent white also....and the blues are very Bimota YB9 bellaria blue....nice...what was your bid going to be?

Yeah i noticed the blueing on the can branch, but even the header fasteners are immaculate... it had lots of tasty bits...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember why I remember it now...if you catch my drift.....The back end was really really low down on it....even if the rear shock had lost all its fluids and gas...the solidity of the spring would still keep it sort of flat and level..until anyone sat on it that is...thus I wondered had it been lowered for a short Japanese owner....or...when the front was swapped over from standard...if it wasn't standard to begin with....are the forks longer than they should have been.....I've never seen a "standard" Bimota without Brembo discs and calipers....Fullstop...from start production to 2005....brembo calipers still used after but "braking wavey" discs crept in from somewhere...DB6, DB7 etc....Marchesinis used before yrh...but no one in the factory would put Yamaha calipers on...and the front mudguard is a bit home made...and anodised disc bobbins...really?....I do like it though....but its not sitting well...Bimota used standard Yamaha masters and clip-ons on a lot of the YB series...YB9 and others....
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the pic "Who" posted, i can't clearly make out what the front calipers are, but in the thread "Who" mentions that he owns that bike, so maybe there were 2 with M1R's and 2 with Ohlins and Marchesinis.. I wonder where the Ohlins front guard was sourced from..

Though the ad from Japan shows M1R's with different front guard and are the wheels oscams?

Steve

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bikes at the show are clearly in Japan...lots of japanese signs up here and there....They are defo Marchesinis on that show bike...and yes...silver 6 pot calipers up front...and yes Ohlins front forks....show bike does have a wrap around front mudguard though covering the USD fork sliders and protecting them from stone chips etc...but the auction bike has just a front piece and no extensions wrapping around the forks and kicking back in.....Show bike has standard black brembo twin pot rear...auction bike no....\gold yokes??? Maybe a Moto Corse special as they like to anodise things....it has been nicely played with...Brembo Radial masters...bang up to date.....that rear end is defo not sitting right though....normal black fibreglass hugger now painted white and perilously close to banging on the bodywork/undertray....That picture is in the Bible Mark 2 from recollection...so maybe more clearly defined in those pages.....for those that have the book...and a magnifying glass to zoom in...LOL......Colour scheme looks spot on the same....Ah well...if it was to be it was to be....Did it still have fuel injection though?? Old Bimota ECU's that no one has spares for?
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw what you saw, no other info.. The fuel injection was a major concern, but you could always keep the efi safe in a box and fit some carbies Smile

Ah well, yes.. if it was meant to be... it would have been an interesting bike to own and sort out... but i much prefer the standard colour scheme... At least i have a bit more time to sort out my shed now, without trying to squeeze too many bikes in.

At the end of this year apparently our politicians are opening up the motorcycle import rules, so i'll have to keep my eye out for my holy grail bike.. a Moto Corse SB6. It was so sad to see that one get parted last year, it would have been great to save it.

Steve

rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just found out that it sold for 651,000 Yen, so it's rarity didn't add anything to it's value, it sold smack bang in the usual price range.

It will be interesting if it turns up anywhere..

Steve

brian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you missed out on it Steve
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Sorry to hear that you missed out on it Steve

Thanks Mate... i'll keep my eyes peeled...

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: