Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

db7 cush drive rubbers and forks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: db7 cush drive rubbers and forks Reply with quote

Anybody know where to get cush drive rubbers for the db7? Mine seem to have a bit of play in therm.

Also - FYI - bought a set of db7 forks from Italy - sent them to Maxton for P30 cartridges - anyway same length but different od just above bottom triple clamp - so steering damper needs new clamp - who would have thought they had to buy in different forks when making the same bike - bimota??!!

Cheers.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to know what wheels matey....if its the single spoke going to twin Y shape to the rims....very very thin thinks...its "bogliani" Russian mode bespoke wheel manufacturer....other than that its take the back wheel off and see whats behind it...triangular fillets..."pork pie" segments as I call them...or studs with round rubber pieces around them and then metal colletts around thus pushed into the cush drive...I'll have a look on the spare parts manual
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho. Thanks. Yhey are the Russian ones. Think they are 38mm by 20mm by 15mm rubbers
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part number is 212000010 Rubber cush drive hub.....Round black rubber circles with a hole in them that takes a metal bush...best to renew that at the same time...you need six of each

The metal bush is part number 501181170...

Good and bad news.....Normally parts beginning with something other than a 5 on ducati engine bimotas.....are the same code as Ducati use on their parts system

Bad news...Parts beginning with a 5 are usually Bimota specific parts....only from Bimota...but...its just a bush

If it does have slack in it...then its best also to renew the bearing in the cush drive...and theres 2 of those...part number though is beginning with a 2....so maybe Ducati dealers stock it...Dont be phoning my Ducati Dealer in Mcr though saying "want parts....its a ducati engine...but a bimota...." I get it in the neck every time I go on that yet another Bimota nut has been phoning them

part number for the sealed bearings is 206010041....OOps...parts manual says theres 3 of them...held captive with a circlip ring....

Dont take my word for it though..I have reading parts manuals serial codes....my eyes get crossed...its all on page 94 and 95 of the spare parts manual.....Workshop Rates are £80/Hr...……..
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip part of that..>Ducati parts like in the engine use Ducati spare parts codes...theres always 3 dots to split up the numbers to make it easier to read like 711.1.219.1A....so the 2 series for cush drive rubbers must be special for the wheels from the wheel maker...and not ducati...and not Bimota....try googling those parts numbers on your computer and see what they throw up....and the last options are to take the rubber pieces around dealers or size them and phone up...
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. You are a handy man to know. I’ll try on Monday. Let ypu know how I get on. Thanks again
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Taylor wrote:
Ho. Thanks. Yhey are the Russian ones. Think they are 38mm by 20mm by 15mm rubbers

I'll check your sizes against some spare new cush drive rubbers I have...What size are the collets also?....OD and ID and height....?...the 3 No. sealed bearings in the cush drive should have a bearing code on them...thats the easy bit
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn’t believe the forks were different. Should have guessed probably lpl
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Taylor wrote:
Cheers. You are a handy man to know. I’ll try on Monday. Let ypu know how I get on. Thanks again

Too handy at times.....back... a rod...made...for my own
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soz Bob...I've checked the spare cush drive rubbers I have for a bimota...they go nowhere near those sizes....The next time I'm at Ducati Manchestr next week...I'll speak to the grease monkeys that work there and see if they recognise those sizes from any of the Ducatis made.....they usually keep stock of such perishable service items so I'll ask for you...But...please clarify your dimensions...you've given me three but not stated what for.... I presume the 38mm is OD...outside diameter....and 2others...which one is height (thickness) and which one is Internal Diameter....as they could be either....I dont need the wall thickness between the diameters as evidently I can work that one out for myself from the other dims
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say Bob....I'm striking out on a lot of fronts trying to find cush drive rubbers....Oz wheels use same sort of arrangement...but only 5 of them and not six......Have you read the DB7 oro nero test review I uploaded to the Bimota UK FB pge? It states the manufacturer of those wheels....As mybe you have to go to them....Ducati cush drives are also usually 5 bolts.....They must be available outside of cutting up lengths of rubber hose as people race DB7's regularly
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels are MAde by Magaltech in Russia...best of luck with the email....they make armoured vehicles also like the one featured and driven by Joey on Top GEar

https://www.magaltech.com/

Very clunky website....as they must be scanning and spying on your hard drive whilst you think its going to load
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...and then I'm Out...Just remembered..>The Aprilia RSV4 also uses Magaltech wheels (Mag-nesium Al-uminim-Tech)...So check Aprilia Dealers and Forums

No dimensions on any of these...so you'll have to get on the phone...£14 a piece...= £84

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Aprilia+RSV4+cush+drive&_sacat=0
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Thanks for all your help. I am cery grateful. The size is 38mm od. 20mm tall and 15mm. Id. I’ll check the websites and call an Aprilia dealer on Monday and let you know progress. You would think someone could get them made. Surely sll db7 owners need them st some time. Thanks again.
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had an idea. Given up looking for new rubb. Going to get ne metal collar made up 0.75mm and 1.5mm oversize od. Take up the skack ln the rubbers. Sorted. Will let youknow how it looks. Thanks again for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: