Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Advice on SB6 dragging clutch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hippotech

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Have you had the suspension set up on it yet ???
I dropped the bars on the forks a bit - 25mm made it easier to get close to the tank and feels a bit better

This was really my first shake down run, so its set up as per the previous owner. I must say I found the SB8R was incredible handling and the SB6 is less so at the moment. Perhaps it feels its age or more likely needs a tweak on the suspension settings. The ride is not exactly plush, but where it is right now would probably work well on the track. Around here your dodging pot holes and cow shit to look for a modicum of smoothish tarmac.

As for getting close to the tank...there really is no hiding from the wind, so I may well give that a try (dropping the forks), it will probably help to under steer too.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hippotech"][quote="Evilchicken0"]Have you had the suspension set up on it yet ???
I dropped the bars on the forks a bit - 25mm made it easier to get close to the tank and feels a bit
Quote:

As for getting close to the tank...there really is no hiding from the wind, so I may well give that a try (dropping the forks), it will probably help to under steer too.

No move the bars only down the fork legs .... you can raise the tail on the shock adjustment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: