Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

The SB6 on Ebay at Centrepoint
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:

There's a pic of the new SB6 in wrapping on Facebook. Is he selling the SB7's, haven't seen them advertised anywhere.

It's in the next container i believe
djk

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time i pulled my SB7 apart i found the ECU wasn't in the best of locations, it's sort of wedged between the motor and radiator on the right side of the bike. It is in a plastic housing and when i opened that up water was at the bottom of it. I have never ridden the bike in the rain and by the looks of it i don't think it has ever seen rain so i'm guessing the water could be condensation, not too good for it i would imagine.
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
The first time i pulled my SB7 apart i found the ECU wasn't in the best of locations, it's sort of wedged between the motor and radiator on the right side of the bike. It is in a plastic housing and when i opened that up water was at the bottom of it. I have never ridden the bike in the rain and by the looks of it i don't think it has ever seen rain so i'm guessing the water could be condensation, not too good for it i would imagine.

There's not really a lot of spare real estate on the SB6, so I can imagine the location of the ECu was a bit "wherever the fuck it fits"... something modern like a Microsquirt (the small footprint Megasquirt) *should* be able to be fitted on the side of the battery box as per the SB6 ignition box... should be a bit more waterproof too!
djk

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a lithium battery at the moment so have a spare battery box and looked at trying to put the ecu in there but it was just a little too big to fit comfortably, i am sure it would with some persuasion but that is in the to do list.
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
I am using a lithium battery at the moment so have a spare battery box and looked at trying to put the ecu in there but it was just a little too big to fit comfortably, i am sure it would with some persuasion but that is in the to do list.

I'm using a pair of 4 cell lithiums - almost the same weight as a single 8 cell, but having the battery hanging to one side would do my OCD in.
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question related to SB7s - what is the deal with this carbon airbox intake cover? Digging around the internets, it appears on most of the SB7s that I can find photos of, and looking in the parts book, it appears to take 2 cold air feed pipes (not able to be fitted to the SB6 due to the hydraulic clutch slave maybe?)
djk

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not home at the moment but my bike definitely doesn't have that fitted, will have a look when i get home and see what it does have, from memory i think it is just a triangle cut out on the left hand side.

Yup it is just a sort of triangle cut out at the bottom of the airbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: