Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Owner of YB8 ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rOLLI

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: New Owner of YB8 ... Reply with quote

Dear all,
yesterday by coincidence, I bought a YB8. Needs a lot of care, but has a great base. So my Bimota collection is growing.
I already found the wiring diagrams and the parts catalog, but missing the Bimota Owners- and Workshop Manual. Do you guys know, where to download ?

One funny thing is, that this bike has not the original instruments and clocks.

It basicly looks like beeing from YB6, the clocks are colored white with red numbers and green needles. But with bimota logo on the dial faces. Do you from which Bike this could be ? Found no such image in the net

Kind regards
Roland
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would need pictures Roli ...but the clocks sound familiar....there was an awful lot of crossover with parts when Bimota made the YB6/8...as they made several models....even different headlights...twin or one square one if for Switzerland...I'll have a look on the UK Facebook Bimota page....for owners manuals and Workshop manuals...Or check with "SB8RS" on here...he's a friend in London...big Bimota fan and probably has those books for a YB8...He;s owned most Bimotas in his time and was Chairman of the Bimota ENthusiasts club....I'll ask him for you anyhow....Lists stuff on ebay but can cut a better deal if outside of ebay
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...Congratulations by the way...I hate it when that happens..."By coincidence...you bought a Bimota"....teehee
rOLLI

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot again. I tried already to enter this facebook group, but didnt get any feedback. So still waiting for reply for entering ....
rOLLI

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... And, how to upload pictures ? Is still not clear for me Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a pm "roli"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very late in my duties...aoplogies Roli,,,heres the picitures of the YB8 and the dash he has and the one he thnks he should have....both look like the stock Yamaha clocks....with overlays of Bimota logo dials

Can anyone help him in deciding which clocks or overlays are correct for the YB8??

clocks on bike

what he thinks it should have...but for me the ones on the bike look more professional Bimota...but I dont know my YB's....

Roli is also looking for Owners Manual and Workshop Manual...does anyone have pdf's for these they can forward on?
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree. The top clocks look like Bimota ones.

I'll dig out my clocks and see what they look like. I can say now that they're not even white. Standard Yamaha clocks with the Bimota logo stuck on.

Typical Bimota - each bike is different depending on what's in the parts bin and how much vino has been drunk.
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the bottoms ones are not original - I doubt Bimota would put their logo on it's side like that, and while they stick the logo everywhere, I doubt they'd do all 3 gauges!
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another clock design fitted to YB8s
rOLLI

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks steven ...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:

Even though the colour scheme looks like a "normal" YB8 on this bike...those clock faces look the same as the ones fitted to the YB8 Furano…..The YB8 is a strange one for Bimota...in that they did 3 models...but then they did 3 different models also with the YB6..which is the same frame??….And this sort of concurs in that theres no duplicity in frame numbers between the YB6 and YB8...and the digits roll over from just 3 numbers with loads of zero's in front to 4 digit frame numbers.....In total they made 1293 YB6/8 series bikes....More details here Roli and you can click on the camera icons for photos of the bikes to check out more....or even find your own YB8 if you have the frame number handy??

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_yb_en.html#yb8
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:

Even though the colour scheme looks like a "normal" YB8 on this bike...those clock faces look the same as the ones fitted to the YB8 Furano…..The YB8 is a strange one for Bimota...in that they did 3 models...but then they did 3 different models also with the YB6..which is the same frame??….And this sort of concurs in that theres no duplicity in frame numbers between the YB6 and YB8...and the digits roll over from just 3 numbers with loads of zero's in front to 4 digit frame numbers.....In total they made 1293 YB6/8 series bikes....More details here Roli and you can click on the camera icons for photos of the bikes to check out more....or even find your own YB8 if you have the frame number handy??

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_yb_en.html#yb8
rOLLI

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks steven for your Help.

I saw :
https://de.scribd.com/document/23410502/Bimota-YB8-Workshop

There should be a download. Has someone of you this PDF ?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres lots of sites like that...and you need to put your credit card details in to sign up.....If you can wait a week I have a friend that has the Workshop manual on Download...but he is in Spain on a motobike on holiday at the moment.....I think he has Owners manuals also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: