Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6R and Tesi purchase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryB

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: DB6R and Tesi purchase Reply with quote

Hello
I’m new to the forum
And was looking for some help on pricing

I’m looking at a 2008 DB6R and a 2008 Tesi 3D
With under 2k miles on each
Privately owned ( US )

Does anyone have any ideas what these are worth?
I can’t seem to find any pricing on each
( found regular DB6 pricing on KBB)

Any input would be really helpful
Thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary....no ones stepped in yet...pricing a bimota is somewhere between the lowest the seller is willing to accept...and the highest the buyer is willing to pay...as its next to impossible to ascertain market value by looking at "10" others...You end up looking at other countries...Bimota shipped to over 50....DB6R...is it a genuine "R"....? I could only tell if you sent me a link via PM....and I could assist...same with tesi....not going to "snipe" them off you as I have plenty....Tesi's have climbed in the "asking" price...as its a cherished collecters bike..no matter if they are into Bimotas or just bikes....Tom Cruise owns a Vyrus….same principle steering...also based in Rimini...and Vyrus started from Bimota and made the Tesi2D....Keannu Reeves test rode a tesi 3D......So theres people with big money that often buy them...and if thats the case with this owner of the 3D....its pay his price or dont....but finding another?? Not easy...Bimotas you buy with your heart not your head....

DB6R....a more practical bike....and nice also....only around 40 made...so rarer than a tesi3D but will ONLY ever be worth less...they were cheaper to start with when available new...some £5K less...and were really just an "upmarket" DB6 with some nice extras...and they were just £1500 more than a standard DB6....no faster....bit lighter...and other bits that are "nice to have".....each country has different values....Italy maybe cheapest...but not if you live in the US of course....DB6R...if it is one...clean and complete and low mileage...In the EU...£12000...because theres no import tax between countries....can be bought for £8,000 if Higher mileage....In the US...heavier shipping price from the factory...and your good old import charges and registration fees pumps prices up....

Tesi 3D...asking is ALWAYS over £20,000 for a good used one because they simply aren't making any more...they aren't making ANY bikes anymore since 18 months ago....If its speculating on future values....then youre buying for the wrong reason...or at least I'm the wrong person to ask....I consider I'm only here one so I buy Blind....import...register..check it over and ride the damn things....thats 90% of the beauty of Bimotas...its how they go down the road....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 2bims says the price is generally what you are willing to pay.

I own both the Tesi and a 6R . Both are very limited in numbers , actual numbers for Bimota's are always hard to find.

Tesi 3D there are a number of models , all very similar but with slight colour changes, maybe the odd carbon steering rod here and there , different wheels etc, but all basically the same. Is the Tesi to use or just an investment . They are quite small and compact !!

DB6R there are a few different models , early ones with carbon panels and light wheels , last variant with Ohlins suspension ( very rare ). Lots of fake DB6R's around as panels and bolt on goodies were easy to source . Very few copies will have the forged wheels due to expense, but the real check is the frame number.
All DB5/6 etc Bimota have an R in the chassis plate , this stands for Rimini not 'R ' version . All DB5R/6R will have two ' R's in the chassis number , so it will be something like ZESDB060R8R0000XX . The final numbers will be low as they are 'R' varient specific frame numbers , ie less than 40.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: