Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 vs SB6R
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might find that is NZD$16,960 at todays exchange rate. I knew the AUD was bad but not that bad......

Two periods of negative economic growth is a recession - Australia has just had it's third.
pkay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
I think you might find that is NZD$16,960 at todays exchange rate. I knew the AUD was bad but not that bad......

Two periods of negative economic growth is a recession - Australia has just had it's third.

Or around $10,000 US at US$0.654 to the AUD.
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
$16000 and dropping. Going into a recession not sure many people will be keen to invest.........misread the market? I reckon selling old exotic bikes must be a tough gig.

They've just listed the SB7 at $20k. Despite what they've said, it can be complianced and put on the road.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
That's 12000 New Zealand dollars which i just did a quick currency convert and it came to approximately 7600 USD.

Bimota Spirit have a SB7 listed for 19000USD(29000NZD) and a DB4 listed for 12900USD(20000NZD). Those prices make my bikes look like a bargain. Will they sell at that price? Probably not.

Bimota Spirit is more museam then dealer me thinks.
Same with iconic.

Actually come to think of it....it seems most people selling Bimota over estimate the real market value when listing...
pkay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:
pkay wrote:
$16000 and dropping. Going into a recession not sure many people will be keen to invest.........misread the market? I reckon selling old exotic bikes must be a tough gig.

They've just listed the SB7 at $20k. Despite what they've said, it can be complianced and put on the road.

Same for the Mantra? How much would it cost roughly?

What I find strange is that they listed a complete Mantra with wrong pipes - looks rubbish. Then they've listed a Mantra project bike with the correct exhaust but missing the side guards. Now I know I'm not a bike dealer but wouldn't you take the original set off the parts bike and put it on the complete one? Especially if your add says you're targeting Bimota collectors........
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:

Same with iconic.

Actually come to think of it....it seems most people selling Bimota over estimate the real market value when listing...

I thought the same as you when I first saw his site, but after years of watching and talking to him, I think differently.

You might think that looking at his website, but if you ever deal with him you'd find that the prices on his site are asking and he doesn't keep his site up to date. I bought a V Due off of him which wasn't on his site. When I bought it, he also had two Tesi and a DB1 for sale which also weren't on his site. Buying these types of bikes off of him is a unique opportunity, since he'll sell you a fresh service as part of the sale if you want.

Bob is likely the market maker for the majority of Bimotas bought and sold in the U.S. as he is the only widely accepted parts and service center in the U.S. so he regularly gets parts and service inquiries as well as buyer's looking for a specific Bimota requests.

Some stuff does seem to get stuck on his website, but it is pretty clear to me that quite a bit of stuff is moving in the background which never makes it to the website and sometimes stuff that is on his website is no longer available.
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:

Same with iconic.

I thought the same as you when I first saw his site, but after years of watching and talking to him, I think differently.

You might think that looking at his website, but if you ever deal with him you'd find that the prices on his site are asking and he doesn't keep his site up to date. I bought a V Due off of him which wasn't on his site. When I bought it, he also had two Tesi and a DB1 for sale which also weren't on his site. Buying these types of bikes off of him is a unique opportunity, since he'll sell you a fresh service as part of the sale if you want.

Bob is likely the market maker for the majority of Bimotas bought and sold in the U.S. as he is the only widely accepted parts and service center in the U.S. so he regularly gets parts and service inquiries as well as buyer's looking for a specific Bimota requests.

Some stuff does seem to get stuck on his website, but it is pretty clear to me that quite a bit of stuff is moving in the background which never makes it to the website and sometimes stuff that is on his website is no longer available.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying, and tend to actually agree.

Have talked with Bob and he is knowledgable and helpful. He took a look at a couple of bikes quickly for me, and was opened with advice. There where a few bikes that were not listed on his site for sale as well.

Do plan to order some parts through him for my new SB6R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: