Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB11 Special (Black & White) for sale £7000 - please rea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sb8rs

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: YB11 Special (Black & White) for sale £7000 - please rea Reply with quote

YB11 Special (Black and White) for sale £7000

Reason for sale - Lack of use

Since 2015 I have only done some 4000 miles.
I have owed her for 12 years and upgraded many parts and I feel it is now time to let someone else enjoy her. You may think that £7000 is a lot for a YB11 with some 35000 miles on but please read the specifications below and you will see she is more the worth the price.
If you have got this far you must be interested, and if after reading the specification list and are really interested please do contact me via PM.

Marchesini wheels (£1350).
Paioli SB8rs Superbike forks and triple trees (£1500). With Oberon preload adjusters.
SB8rs Carbon front mudguard (£200).
Brembo 4 pot 4 pad axial calipers (£250).
Gilles variobars fitted (£400)
Koso RX2+GP dash fitted (£450).
Aftermarket mirrors (£50), so you can actually see behind you. Double bubble screen (£70).
Brembo Radial brake and clutch master cylinders (£450).
HID headlight (£75).
New Thunderace down pipes, originals rusted out after 20 years; so, I replaced like for like included a new exup valve (£400).
New exup cables when this was done (£75).
K&N air filter (£75).
Custom built Carbon end can (£250).
Lowered rear sets, custom built, lowering the footpeg by 20mm (£250).
Riders seat re padded to raise the height by 20mm (£100). This with the rear sets and handlebars makes the bike very comfortable to ride. Along with a modified side stand to accommodate suspension changes (£75).
Custom wavy discs all round (£350).
Lithium Ballastics (USA made, the best) battery (£150).
New chain and sprockets fitted 100 miles ago (£150).
New MOT March 2019.
Both seat pod and rear seat.
Oil refiller moved to under the seat so you do not have to take the fairing panel to fill up the oil. (£50). She also had a new radiator and silicone hoses 2 years ago (£490).
Integrated rear LED unit. (£50). Last winter a new clutch slave cylinder (£95).
Micro indicators to the front. (£30).
She has an Ohlin rear shock.

As you can see this bike has everything and wants for nothing, I think if you tot all that up that is in excess of £7000, and I have not added in the re spray which was £800. All the above is documented in a large folder. I also have spare decals, brochures and road tests etc.

These are all the good bits, but she does have just one bad point and that is the bodywork. As you know Bimota used plastic panels not carbon and these do over time deteriorate. There are stress marks on the middle and lower fairings and the Y piece has had to be altered to take the forks. However, as this bike was ridden all over the UK and Europe, I can say she has done very well and will be more than reliable for many years to come. Tyres will need replacing within 2000 miles.

If you have gotten to here and like I say are interested please contact me via PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: