Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Oh For F**K's sake!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I buy the DB6 Borsalino to complete the "collection"
Yes...you'd be mad not to
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
No...You'd be mad to do so
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
No...Not at that price
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I'll help you out and I'll buy it instead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Oh For F**K's sake!!!! Reply with quote

Well....I've been the proud owner of the DB5 Borsalino for just over 2 months now......A bike which I lusted after and attained satisfaction in being able to buy....and I've opened a small "museum/Shrine" to the Borsalino Factory and its many many pieces of "tat"/paraphernalia that I've accumulated since its purchase...…

The seller of my Borsalino DB5 used to also own the DB6 Borsalino but had sld it some 9 years ago.....And...when he tried to buy it back...to complete the pair once more....the present owner refused....despite having bought several other Bimotas from the same owner....More money was offered than he had received...but alas no...the present owner still refused to part with it...So....If he couldn't have the Pair reunited once more...He decided to sell the DB5 Borsalino to me.....One persons loss was my gain....

And now look....Oh for F**K's sake...as per the title....The DB6 Borsalino is now for sale...together with the 2 other Bimotas that he had bought some years ago....

https://www.subito.it/moto-e-scooter/bimota-db6-2010-lecco-299740396.htm?from=userlist

So...the poll is.....
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh FFS indeed! Is your shrine big enough? At least there are only the two bikes to complete the Borsalino set...............or are there? Laughing
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote cast. All your bikes are things of beauty but I cannot bring myself to admire a green frame/desert sand colour scheme. You've got the best (The DB5 R and DB5 Borsalino)...time to 'hold em' as they say in poker circles!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Oh FFS indeed! Is your shrine big enough? At least there are only the two bikes to complete the Borsalino set...............or are there? Laughing

I could buy a smaller dining room table...and I've been looking to "shift on" the writing desk that sits in the Hallway....plenty of space for a bike there.....I suppose its the Caramac colouring that gets me...I like caramac and only yesterday bought a 3 pack from Poundland...So perhaps thats an Omen???

But maybe I would find myself at night biting into the seat if I bought the thing
???
Shocked Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Vote cast. All your bikes are things of beauty but I cannot bring myself to admire a green frame/desert sand colour scheme. You've got the best (The DB5 R and DB5 Borsalino)...time to 'hold em' as they say in poker circles!

Yup.....And I did have a "tricolor thing" going until I broke that Duck with the Black and Gold Borsalino....but that is a classic colour combo...think Van Gogh's "Sunflowers"....Bumble Bees.....JPS fags and Race colour scheme....Lotus.....Vincents...Nortons…..Anymore?.....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:

Yup.....And I did have a "tricolor thing" going until I broke that Duck with the Black and Gold Borsalino....but that is a classic colour combo...think Van Gogh's "Sunflowers"....Bumble Bees.....JPS fags and Race colour scheme....Lotus.....Vincents...Nortons…..Anymore?.....
DaveT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each to their own...personally not a fan of the colour scheme on this one, unlike the one you have which is gorgeous. Lots of haute couture ends up in the bin! There, I've just saved you 25,000 euros too Very Happy Very Happy
mick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: 0h for f**k's sake Reply with quote

Whats not to like :- British racing green.....creme leather...Brand new (not making any more) you could make a cheeky offer and sit tight.
But then what do I know because I like Donald Trump!!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an "odd one".....but maybe needs to be seen in reality as it seems to differ depending on lighting and where or who took pictures of it...Here it is at Eicma in 2009

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more snaps?

THe seller hasnt said as much.....but it should come with a few extras.....and not just the rear packing crate stand....2 keys, bike cover, tool kit stuff.....Which all later bimtoas came with....and most Sellers hold back when selling a bimota and only add in to the sale if they get the price for the bike that they wanted........There should be a matching watch and Umbrella and kit Bag thrown in

This is my black and Gold Borsalino watch that came with the DB5 Borsalino

(With the 1857 stamp on the back...and 150 years....2007...and the 150 on the side of my bike_

Note the "Violin/Tommy Gun" shaped watch case...

And Sports bag and umbrella

Piso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your new bike 2bims. Happy to ser you reach your long desire...

Any chance your DB5R Tricolore is up for sale now ...🤗?
Piso
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes...but what do I know. I wanted a DB6R but my friend wasn't selling his at the time (he decided to sell it but then backed out, perhaps at my urging so for now he still has it).

I vote for buying this, then setting one of your guest rooms for the interior shrine. You could do a thick pile green carpet with tan edging. If the room is big enough, you could add some matching colored sofas, chairs, a refrigerator/freezer for cold San Pellegrino, Moretti, Peroni and maybe Gelato that you and your mates could drink while you admire these bikes.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this "little Ol Trinket"...Now 10 years old and around 9,000kms under her belt.....Shes just been for her latest Annual MOT test and is still in use.....Great bike (although I hate with a passion the slipper clutch...Grrghhh...Grouchier than me on a bad day...)

Theres the "rub" though.....Because I have this...with its lighter alloy wheels.....carbon bodywork....larger 1079cc engine...and radial brembo masters.....it means I dont need to ride the Borsalino DB5...which still has zero miles on her...and the battery hasn't ever been fitted...the acid bottle havent even been poured into the battery cells as yet
welshlamb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can never get tired of looking at a DB5R (a real one!)
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
I voted yes...but what do I know. I wanted a DB6R but my friend wasn't selling his at the time (he decided to sell it but then backed out, perhaps at my urging so for now he still has it).

I vote for buying this, then setting one of your guest rooms for the interior shrine. You could do a thick pile green carpet with tan edging. If the room is big enough, you could add some matching colored sofas, chairs, a refrigerator/freezer for cold San Pellegrino, Moretti, Peroni and maybe Gelato that you and your mates could drink while you admire these bikes.

I'm digging your ideas QuikDuk (Espeically the PEroni/Nastro Azzurro beer idea)…..I do have a fair few "baubles" up on the wall so far that are Borsalino related....and I am awaiting my latest purchase Hot footing it over from Italy as we speak...a one off Borsalino commissioned Wall painting by the "famed" Milanese Neo-pop Artist called Willow.....Its 5 ft long by 2 1/2 ft wide...Its actually painted onto silk and intended as a scarf for a "lady"...but for me at least...its a wall hanging (Its 6 inches too short to be a rug for under the bike...teehee)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: