Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6R Key Blank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkaplun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: DB6R Key Blank Reply with quote

I am having a devil of a time finding a blank I can make for this key. I know the original key is laser cut and made by Zadi but I am not sure if they key has a chip inside or not, and where I can get a blank key ordered. Those that needed to make keys, how did you do it?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an easy one...although I'm not sure where you are...but welcome to the Forum.
Yup all as you say..BUT...fortunately there is no microchip or any other device within the key....no transponder for security or alarm...You need to search for a Ducati Zadi key blank....or...order one from a Ducati dealer.....and then go to a key cutting shop and they can copy your other key onto the key blank....I use Timpsons but I am from the UK...not sure where you are...The key blank wont have the Bimota word on the plastic part...you'll have to live without that
dkaplun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Thats an easy one...although I'm not sure where you are...but welcome to the Forum.
Yup all as you say..BUT...fortunately there is no microchip or any other device within the key....no transponder for security or alarm...You need to search for a Ducati Zadi key blank....or...order one from a Ducati dealer.....and then go to a key cutting shop and they can copy your other key onto the key blank....I use Timpsons but I am from the UK...not sure where you are...The key blank wont have the Bimota word on the plastic part...you'll have to live without that

I have tried to order a key from a ducati dealer. They demanded a VIN which is impossible to provide as this is a different manufacturer. I am reaching out to some key sellers on eBay to see if any of their blanks would match. I couldn't care less if the key does not have the right logo, I am down to one key so I need a spare just in case.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you??...you haven't filled in your profile....find a new duc dealer...mine are fine to sell me anything...its a key blank without transponder you need...about 12gbp from a duc dealer in the UK...
dkaplun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Where are you??...you haven't filled in your profile....find a new duc dealer...mine are fine to sell me anything...its a key blank without transponder you need...about 12gbp from a duc dealer in the UK...

I am in the US and have an otherwise amazing relationship with this dealer (they service my other bikes). But first I was quoted a price of $62 USD for a blank and then when it came time to order, could not do it.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit pants...I'd speak to the owner...you only want a blank to cut yourself...I can't see what the issue could be...my Ducati UK dealer has got me blanks before in under a week...go direct to the key makers or call another dealer...my local locksmith cut me the blank using my original key....using the normal key cutter...
Gavca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Blade-Blank-Key-Motorcycle-For-Ducati-Monster-659-696-795-796-1100-Black-B4/254205693115?epid=2173538237&hash=item3b2fd70cbb:g:3GwAAOSw6UlcusOe

This should work fine. I purchased one of these and it worked perfectly.
Gavca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Blade-Blank-Key-Motorcycle-For-Ducati-Monster-659-696-795-796-1100-Black-B4/254205693115?epid=2173538237&hash=item3b2fd70cbb:g:3GwAAOSw6UlcusOe

This should work fine. I purchased one of these and it worked perfectly.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly looks up to the job.....nice to see youre still around Gavca despite your experience......My local key cutter managed to replicate my blank using just his normal key cutting tools
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: