Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Looking for help and information about a Bimota DB5c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Looking for help and information about a Bimota DB5c Reply with quote

I am in love with this bike, but it's not easy finding out/learning much information about it.

It's a 2006 DB5c, 1000, one of 50 from what I've read, but I can't find any other "green" models.

I will attempt to post a picture, but it's all green and white.

Has anyone ever seen this paint scheme? Is it a factory paint, or aftermarket?

Any information or direction you might have is greatly appreciated. Anything!
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images.app.goo.gl/PcW6aGCfXMVERqyL9

That is the link to the pic of the bike
Knolly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume this is the one you're looking at?
https://autos.goo.ne.jp/bikeused/detail/8201708B30190821002.html

Based on the description, it's a Moto Corse one-off bike, which makes sense. Moto Corse has done a few tricked out Bimotas over the years.

The only other green framed photo I can find is this:

Clutch cover is different, an extra decal, has fork sliders... But I could believe it's the exact same bike and that it truly is a special one off from Moto Corse.
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, yes.

Thank you.
jmervis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, yes.

Thank you.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Jmervis….well...I've just completed a schedule of all known Bimotas made by Bimota....and uploaded it for free download on the UKBimota Facebook Page...but dont know whether you do Facebook....Like Vort...I too have a DB5R....and yup...a beautiful bike to ride...So...Heres the numbers for you....65 of them were made by Bimota/Moto Corse in Japan....I've never got to the bottom of who does what...I always thought that Bimota sold them a standard bike and then the paint, strip down and bolt on of goodies was done in house by Moto Corse...I can ask Shin Kondu if you like as I am friends with him on Facebook....hes CEO of Moto Corse...and probably has a record of the bikes they made

DB5 Mille Monoposto 992 Desmodue DS 140 2005
DB5 Corse Japan 65 2006-2007
DB5R 12 2006-2007
DB5 S Biposto 17 2006–2007
DB5 Corse Japan 1078 Desmodue DS 12 2007–2016
DB5 R 45 2007-2016
DB5 Borsalino 1 2007
DB5S Biposto 46 2007–2016
DB5 Evo 1078 Desmodue Evoluzione 10 2007-2016

This is a review of the Corse version of the DB5...and one here for the DB5R

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_db5c_1080_.htm

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_db5r%2007.htm

Information on Nos comes from the latest book by one of the founders...Giuseppe Morri...its only in Italian and they only printed 500 copies......Generally the DB5R in Tricolor is a better bike initially as it comes with all carbon fibre bodywork, and airbox and cambelt covers and lightweight OZ racing wheels and an alloy under seat subframe. The Japanese Moto Corse bikes I am "assuming" have fibreglass bodywork painted up.....also come with Ohlins front and rear like the DB5R's and they fir brembo superlight wheels to them in gold....and whip out the mille 1000cc engine and fit a 1079 unit and some other trick bits...but maybe a steel CrMo rear subframe...a magnet would tell you....But then as Vort says...its also fitted with a Moto Corse Full titanium exhaust system which is horrendously expensive...but better than the Bimota one....beautifully finished...It will be loud...and they have 2 No. carbon fibre welded on shields in the areas each side where your legs are...to keep the heat at bay....Bimotas dont have those.....all down to price...but as a guide...a DB5R was £20,000 when new in 2008....a Moto Corse DB5 was £40,000 when new.....yup...double the price
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: