Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Supercharged Tesi H2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Supercharged Tesi H2 Reply with quote

to be debuted at EICMA ?
fish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we’ll just talking to a mate about what would be there next project. That’s what we thought
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
Bud977

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/bimota-tesih2-leak/?fbclid=IwAR3d66J4BM8XU4x9SoUQeCr8CF1QnmVvzMNDDPvUKGmys0rAfh0nYfHkbvU

What an ugly fucker! No Bimota genes in there.

But I reckon it's crap. I can't see Kawasaki buying Bimota 6 weeks ago, then deciding to build this bike and doing it in that time.
Bud977

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll eat my words. Here's Guiseppe Morri beside the new bike.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2792545187456510&set=a.120296051348117&type=3&theater
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOUUUUGGGE Z1000 style pipes........
Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like the 1D, 2D, or 3D were really "lookers"

Obviously the kawi deal was in the works or finalized well before it was announced.

Personally I think this is a solid move.
It is great partnership. Take an exciting and different motor from the kawi line and combine it with the history of the tesi.

Cool to see the tesi concept with some actually power/performance.
pkay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember what happened to Benelli and Gilera. They've done something to restart the interest in the brand and it's not Chinese engined or a scooter.

Well done Kawasaki. Yes I hope the next one is a bit better looking, in the meantime I'll just look at my SB6 Laughing
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Managed to get to the show after visiting two other addresses...both wrong.
It is so much easier getting off a plane and getting taxi to take you ther...but no.
This time it was drive down and try to find an unpublished venue.....did not help that the only Italian spoken was cafe and Buenosares.....both wrong.

Kawasaki started this project 3 years ago...as confirmed during the meeting with the Kawasaki business development manager..
..concept of business plan was brought to fruition four months ago.
New premises found ....old staff paid and brought back...49.9 % of old Bimota shares bought....from the Swiss based owners
New cash injection...100% of new Bimota company now all Japanese along with the 49.9% as mentioned before.

New bikes built in 4 months....actually 2 Bikes.
The other is under test and has been since being built.
Old suppliers brought up to date and paid
Lots of money from Japan....nothing from the cash strapped old company...which was starved by previous Swiss based 100% owners.

They were there and taking applause for the new deal but not mis management......hopefully they can leave very soon with heads high if not bulging pockets.

The bikes are a mix of tested Kawasaki engineering and the Tesi chassis although somebvery nice new designs touches...twin shock mounts...penned by old Bimota designer .

Likewise the production director is PIereLuigii Marconi and the customer contact is MariaElana Rozier.....now got financial stability to exploit the new designs.

I can’t see the wings making production as they are extremely exaggerated and really look more concept rather than production.

If they change the exhausts...reduce the wings...change the front end slightly..they are on to a winner.
Especially as it looks like Kawasaki are looking to be going the Toyota...Lexus route rather than just absorbing Bimota.

Note.....Japanese will be in for many thousands EU monies with the tie in to Bimota....but the new Bimota will cost way more than they will every receive from the EU...so this is the start of a heavy investment package.

For me......the sooner the old owners style of management leaves Bimota and goes back to property development ....the better

Hopefully...a new day is dawning.

Just buy the bikes and modify the exhausts numberplates and unjoy the technical advances

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
Piso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we ever see a new DB Bimota with the new owner...?
Very happy to see the brand raise from the ashes again though...

Piso
phil-short

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd really like is an original H2 stroker Triple in a DB6 frame with Ohlins and Brembo overkill and Robbiano styling please......... and yes I will sell that kidney now.
Knolly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely interested and excited by the Tesi H2. It's like a dream of all of my favorite features of bikes I've had in the past...

While the motor and chassis are no doubt superb the styling is a little iffy. The sketch concept looked much slicker:

There is a lightness to the upper fairing that changes the proportions greatly.

To me the biggest disappointment is that they tacked on the stock H2 headlight, tail light, and parking lights (the exhaust I can live with since it's easily replaceable).

In fact I think the headlight might have done a lot of disservice to the overall proportions.

The KB4 looks REALLY slick as well. Really great retro vibe with great tech.

A great time to be a Bimota fan I'm sure. Onward and upward!
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the fate of other italian motorcycle brands, I'd say Bimota finally drew the lucky ticket with Kawasaki. I think Tesi H2 is a miss but the KB4 is a hit. Might as well forget about DB, HB, YB, BB... it KB all the way and I do hope that Kawasaki returns Bimota to its deserved place on a premium brand pedestal.

Right now its the MV boys riding the wave of looks and performance & I tend to agree that the new Brutale hit the nail right on the head. I still think that if Kawasaki will allow Bimota to return to its roots (awesome frame/chassis with japanese power train) the brand will flourish. It happened before and will happen again.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully with the financial backing and access to numerous power plants Bimota's future will be secure.
Can't say I'm a fan of a lardy arsed Tesi , but quite look forward to a bimota 650 superlight !!!!! Laughing
Knolly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about how new Bimotas are being sold? I've emailed a few times without any luck.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second much of the above and was with Gavin at EICMA for the big reveal.....and can confirm all that he stated....3 years in the planning for a niche brand to be added to their fold...as Kawasaki dont just do Motorbikes...they do Supertankers, Helicopters, trains etc also...KHI...Kawasaki Heavy Industries....everyone was hushed into silence or they would pull the plug.....nothing hit the internet until the day of the show......debt paid off should secure the brand and ALL of the suppliers and give them faith to supply again....which has always been a problem for Bimota....ALL made in Italy in Rimini in a factory apparently twice the size of the old one...barring the Kawasaki bits.....That bike would sell...perhaps not to you and me but those with money that want a 245bhp monster with top tech just to sit in their office reception area and scream "how rich am I?"......Kawasaki also launched a 300cc port inducted fuel injected 2-stroke off roader this year...yup...fuel injected 2-stroke....a new Vdue?...that works?...also there was a petrol hybrid battery electric bike...but with proper suspension and brakes but no clothes on it and a CrMo frame in green....Ugly with no clothes....but the outline screamed to be clad and fully covered DB1 style....now a hybrid bike I could live with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: