Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Displacement diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up buying a KTM RC 390. KTM was not my first or even second choice as I was not very thrilled with Duke 390 I test ridden at the dealer. Main issue was how quickly the rev limiter was reached. I attempted to test ride a Z400 but my local Kawi dealer does not offer test rides. Nothing worthy was popping up on the Kawi 400 used market. Apparently the Ninja and the Z are hot ticket items as people tend to hold onto them, being they are still relatively fresh.

Anyway, a 2015 RC 390 with 1900 miles popped up on the radar about 140 miles away but for much less I could find any Kawi. It also has a number of upgrades including exhaust/ecu, rear sets, carbon tail section, front brakes and best of all Ohlins rear suspension. The Competition Werks pipe with cat delete is insanely loud, much too loud for thumper motor. Never been dropped, one track day. Owner decided that riding bikes on the street can be a dangerous proposition and opted out for a side by side. Rode it in the canyons today and had a blast. Haven't had this much fun since riding the Moto Morini on the same roads.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - glad it's fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: