Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is the reg R500 DUE worth selling???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Is the reg R500 DUE worth selling??? Reply with quote

Hi all.
I purchased a standard,as it rolled out the factory v due 500 not long ago.
Until iv managed to save enough cash to be fortunate enough to make the nessasary upgrades to make it a more friendly ride i will have to be content with looking at it...lol.
As the v due is far from a mass produced machine.im assuming that there can not be that many in the uk..so the demand for private number plates must be fairly low.a good percentage probably already own private plates..do any of you know or think the reg plate R500 DUE would be worth selling?????as mine is registered as that.
Thoughts....
Regards rob
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are probably more vdues than you think in the UK. At a rough guess probably 40 ish.
As you say plenty probably have some sort of plate on them and must were bought from the DVLA for £250ish.
So can't see you getting a huge amount for it.
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
as you can probably tell.and i admit how nieve i can sometimes be..
when the v due was released i was 24.although i was a avid follower of all aspects of racing i only recognised the name bimota as a exotic unique and shall i dare say rich mans manufacturer.
i suppose because even to see a bimota on track or in the roads i would have felt lucky. Even a talking point within my circle of biker friends.
so i never took time to learn all the models and specs for i was unable to connect,ride or be around these model in real life..
like alot of members on here struggling to find the morgage repayments came 1st.what i am writing now was a millions miles from myself when the v due was released..thats is why i am so nieve and hence why i am pestering your goodselfs for knowledge..
i know and realise how very lucky and fortunate i am 2 own 2 bimotas and for a lot of you its long been a way of life for quite a while..
so thanks again for your patience and help.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you there "2manyBikes"......unfortunately Bimotas are still seen by many bikers as being "Aloof" richMans Toys...And rarely do people search for them....

I'm with Vorts comments 100%.....probs around 40 in the UK.....coz the UK is full of 2-stroke nuts...and probs most have private plates...I have the "younger brother" plate....S500 DUE....as mine is regd as a 1997....£250 from DVLA including first registration fee....as DVLA dont see a value on DUE....not knowing about Bimotas...…

If you looked into the costs to remove the plate...reregister it on age related plate...and put the other on retention certificate you may find it costs you £200....so you end up with £50.....feel free to try selling it...but frankly...you may be waiting a long time...

I ended up with B1MTA on my first ever Bimota....the closest you can get to "BIMOTA"...so valid for any Bimota ...in the UK.....and tried to sell it....at the time it was £80 to remove it and £130 to put it on retention certificate...and a £30 per year fee from DVLA to keep it live...forget to pay and you lost the plate and rights to it....

It was only Vort that offered to buy it...from recollection...for £250...hence its still on my bike........Someone else has V2 DUE....but thats been sorned for nearly 5 years.....

Just checked...£80 to remove plate...BUT...vehicle has to have a current MOT and be taxed...and able to move under its own power...and DVLA can ask to check....so more costs

Eligibility
The vehicle must:
be registered with DVLA in the UK
be able to move under its own power
be of a type that needs an MOT or heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test certificate
have been taxed or had a SORN in place continuously for the past 5 years
be taxed currently (or have a SORN in place - if it’s had a SORN for more than 5 years, it must be taxed)
be available for inspection
DVLA will check your application and contact you if your vehicle needs an inspection.

Basically DVLA see "private plates" as a luxury item...so charge accordingly...because they can
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toomanybikes wrote:

when the v due was released i was 24..

Most of use were not that much different in age when the Vdue was launched. I was 26.

I'll let you into a secret , R500 DUE was my plate back in 1997 .
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Toomanybikes wrote:

when the v due was released i was 24..

Most of use were not that much different in age when the Vdue was launched. I was 26.

I'll let you into a secret , R500 DUE was my plate back in 1997 .

This can only mean that your first Vdue never made it back to the factory?...and that he has your first bike? Vdue wise....That reg shows up as being first registered 25th March 1998
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi vort28.
so your saying your the guy i purchased it off...
rob
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Vort will chime up soon enough.....but no....He relinquished ownership of that bike in the same year he bought it fresh from the dealer.....Swapped it for an SB6?
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toomanybikes wrote:
hi vort28.
so your saying your the guy i purchased it off...
rob

No I'm saying that was my plate in 1997 that went on a vdue . Whether that is the same vdue that the plate is currently on , who knows , can't remember the chassis number , but it was early as back then mine was one of the first in the country. Ordered through Steve Wynne who was the importer at the time.
Left the plate with the dealer as from memory I paid very little for it at the time ( in those days private plates were only seen as ones with say the digit 1 etc in them is COM1C/MAG1C you get the idea) and the removal fee was nearly what I paid to reserve it, plus the vdue had been a massive flop so not like I was going to be able to sell it . Number might have got absorbed back into the DVLA for all I know when/if my vdue got sent back.

2bims is partial right. I never removed the vdue from the dealer due to running issues.
On the swapping it for the SB6 , that is incorrect , had the SB6 before the Vdue , bought that in 1995.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.....I see....could be your bike then? Maybe the dealer sold it on rather than sending it back....records lost now at DVLA whether that "plate" is still on your vdue....or transferred off and resold....they only have online info from 2005 onwards now...which includes MOT's for online checking...I suppose if "tooManyBikes" has mot's on paper going back to 2000 onwards in the bikes history...that would tell us...as the reg number is written on those...
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all..
just read the posts..interesting...
as far as the no plate goes il be better off leaving it on bike due to all the advice and figures youve kindly obtained.
the guy did say he purchased the bike new and also he purchased the number plate for a small fee off dvla..
but as we all know sellers bend the truth some what to secure a sale..
as the bike stands its not been touched (as in modified)
il find the paper work on it and see what i can post..
did your bimota have any sort of scars or scratches on it when you returned it to dealer???
crack on the clock glass???
ithanks for the info and interest.
rob
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt resist it..just been down shed/bike store and retrieved paper work..
the bimota i own was registered on 25.03.1998. and the guy i got it off was telling the truth for iv got the purchase reciept in his name dated 11.03.1998.(which would be a s reg)
however vorts numberplate must have been handed back to dvla when his was returned to rimini..the seller of my vdue said his name was rob also hence the R.....500 DUE.
my bike came with no mots due to its never had one..it was placed in storage about 6 months after it was purchased new up until approx 6 months ago when i got it....
interesting...just found deposit reciept for £250 dated 11.11.97.
so he had to wait 16months for his to arrive...image that waiting so long for something that was (i quote) "unriderable" by its owners...
on reciept with data tag.selected registration.road tax.and inspection with v.a.t he paid £15.051.49. (he part exchanged a n reg rs 250 aprillia for £4k )
lol....i bet he wished he kept the rs 250 looking back...
must go to bed..thanks and goodbye
regards rob
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt resist it..just been down shed/bike store and retrieved paper work..
the bimota i own was registered on 25.03.1998. and the guy i got it off was telling the truth for iv got the purchase reciept in his name dated 11.03.1998.(which would be a s reg)
however vorts numberplate must have been handed back to dvla when his was returned to rimini..the seller of my vdue said his name was rob also hence the R.....500 DUE.
my bike came with no mots due to its never had one..it was placed in storage about 6 months after it was purchased new up until approx 6 months ago when i got it....
interesting...just found deposit reciept for £250 dated 11.11.97.
so he had to wait 16months for his to arrive...image that waiting so long for something that was (i quote) "unriderable" by its owners...
on reciept with data tag.selected registration.road tax.and inspection with v.a.t he paid £15.051.49. (he part exchanged a n reg rs 250 aprillia for £4k )
lol....i bet he wished he kept the rs 250 looking back...
must go to bed..thanks and goodbye
regards rob
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you checked what monies you paid over for the bike....as your Math skills seem to be lacking a little late in the night....he waited 4 months for the bike....97 to 98.....teehee…….Price back then yup....that was the price....the "plate" being a 97 is fine....as its a private plate not normally issued by DVLA unless you pay...and you can put an age related plate on a bike that makes it appear older than it is...but you cant put an age related plate making it look younger than it is....
JackJabba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best plates were gone when I got my VDue. I ended up getting V3 DUE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: