Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R Clock differences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flytoolow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: SB6R Clock differences Reply with quote

Im looking at 2 prospective SB6R Bikes - one a 98 model with 21K Kms and another a 2002 model with 19>K Km's.

They have different clocks - The 98 model has a single clock with large LCD Inset, and the 2002 has two clocks with a small rectangular LCD on top of the cluster.

I have heard that the 98 has a Bimota /clock and the 2002 (after collapse) has a japanese clock installation. Is this correct and are they're any other differences between the two production dates that we are aware of ?

Cheers

F2L
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: SB6r Reply with quote

SB6rs were all the same, including the clocks. However, the clocks were not reliable. The 2002 bike has the original clocks, whilst a previous owner of the 98 bike has swapped the original clocks for an aftermarket item, probably Koso. I did the same to my 6r and was much happier with the bike.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Johnny B bad....check whether the one with the original clocks all still work....evidently the one without the original clocks you cant guarantee the mileage....re original clocks....they may be working now...but may not be for long...or they've been fixed before...or replaced since...so no mileage guarantee there either....so check the rest of the bikes and then decide which is best
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original clocks are white faced and have the Bimota logo on them. You can always ask if it "comes with the original clocks ???" either working or not.
Chrissb6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone fitted or got any recommends for alternative clocks Pic's if possible? Pulling my SB6R out of a deep sleep and l see that the odometer has lost its numbers, is there any chance to recover them?
Regards
Chris
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: SB6R clocks Reply with quote

I doubt you’ll recover your odo numbers - these are pretty cheap & cheerful clocks, on which the stepper motors give out. I replaced mine with Koso RX2n, which I’ve had no problems with, and the odo can be set, so you can include the mileage from the old clocks - provided your old clocks aren’t rubbish Laughing

By the way, it occurs to me that the other potential culprit for your oil leak is the O ring that goes over the end of the generator, where it goes into the starter clutch housing. Probably wasn’t replaced when the coupler was done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: