Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Sheds... Garages.... Man Caves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stove is on the list for my garage also but unfortunately its a bit crowded at the moment . Crying or Very sad

A sort out is on the list. Will post up some pictures when I get around to it . This is one form 2 years ago. .

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for you Vort...especially...it would be easier and quicker to build a new man cave at the bottom of the garden...with gym...jacuzzi...tv room...show room.....cranes...hoists...display boxes etc etc....and keep the old man cave as "maintenance bay".....I'd have to knock my house down to get a piece of land big enough to extend...and seeing as theres bikes in the house...thats a no go....
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I think for you Vort...especially...it would be easier and quicker to build a new man cave at the bottom of the garden...with gym...jacuzzi...tv room...show room.....cranes...hoists...display boxes etc etc....and keep the old man cave as "maintenance bay".....I'd have to knock my house down to get a piece of land big enough to extend...and seeing as theres bikes in the house...thats a no go....

Put another story on top and use the whole ground floor as your new man cave Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

I like your thinking, defo the best option , just got to get around to it , hopefully its on the cards for this year Laughing but this lock down business is causing a few hiccups in my plans !!

brian wrote:
Put another story on top and use the whole ground floor as your new man cave Wink

Hmmm , bit of an issue there , its already got an upstairs !!???!! , thats full of bits !! Rolling Eyes
glened

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG

I didn't think any one person would/could have that many bikes in such a confined space. Is it a Bimota thing or are you and Steve in competition to see who can cram the most in such a confined spaces. Maybe when the Corona virus has settled down and you both need something to do?? Approach the "Steam Packet" ferry company and offer your services for next years TT ferry, I am sure you could double capacity for next years sailings. Good effort to both of you.
glened

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the chair is a nice addition, donated by someone that had no space I guess in there garage?

Suzuki is hung up from the garage roof and will make it's way to the floor as soon as the Bim has vacated the ramp. Triton and Kwak are up at the shop. I have now made man cave MkII in the rear of the work shop.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
OMG

I didn't think any one person would/could have that many bikes in such a confined space. Is it a Bimota thing or are you and Steve in competition to see who can cram the most in such a confined spaces. Maybe when the Corona virus has settled down and you both need something to do?? Approach the "Steam Packet" ferry company and offer your services for next years TT ferry, I am sure you could double capacity for next years sailings. Good effort to both of you.

I think they'll be plenty of space on the Steam Racket company boats.....especially as they havent offered refunds to anyone....the swines….40,000 bikers with their bikes @£365 for a return trip fully paid for = £14,600,000.....Not a bad days work with Zero diesel burnt on their chuggers.....

What vort isn't showing....as it would require him to remove roofs.....hire a crane and strap on his Fish Eye....is the other 3/4 of his man cave.....so think my cave x4....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
Yes the chair is a nice addition, donated by someone that had no space I guess in there garage?

Suzuki is hung up from the garage roof and will make it's way to the floor as soon as the Bim has vacated the ramp. Triton and Kwak are up at the shop. I have now made man cave MkII in the rear of the work shop.

I have a pole to sit on...with no castor on the bottom....and the other end up my...…

No space for wheeling around....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray916MN wrote:

Cant recall what this is/was? SB3/4 or KB3?

Winter set, bikes up on pallet racking (in the summer the bikes come down and the sofa goes up).

Nice DB2 FE

Nice SB6R and vdue evo with jolly motos.....do you run and ride it? Nice plate also on it....RC30...RC51...>Ducs.....Superlight.....BUT...and I aint ever owned a Suzuki....I'd have the "Wes Lakes?"....Blue and white Suzuki GS1000....thats sweet as.....

A few bikes not shown.
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cant recall what this is/was? SB3/4 or KB3?

Crashed SB4 rebuilt by a magazine editor as a KB3.
2bims wrote:
Nice DB2 FE

Thanks.
2bims wrote:
Nice SB6R and vdue evo with jolly motos.....do you run and ride it? Nice plate also on it....RC30...RC51...>Ducs.....Superlight.....BUT...and I aint ever owned a Suzuki....I'd have the "Wes Lakes?"....Blue and white Suzuki GS1000....thats sweet as......

Everything gets ridden, except the GSXR750 LTD. Bike has too few miles and clutch plates are too expensive and hard to come by to ride it. I love riding these early GSXRs, so the frame in the window is a GSXR1100 I'm building to ride.

No Superlight. Had a 900SS/SP until I got the DB2 to replace it. Must be looking at the 888 SPO. "Wes Cooley". Been trying to buy an ELR for years to be more period complete. With no forethought Suzuki is tied with Ducati as the dominant brand in the garage. RG500 not shown.
DB1 860

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... nice collections so far. I've started tidying my shed as I seem to be having a lot of spare time at the moment... not being aloud to ride.

Ill take some photos when its done... may need some help posting them.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1 860 wrote:
Mmm... nice collections so far. I've started tidying my shed as I seem to be having a lot of spare time at the moment... not being aloud to ride.

Ill take some photos when its done... may need some help posting them.

You can email them to me if you like...and I'll post them up....

Meanwhile...seeing as my "man Cave" photos didn't really show anything other than a very full small space...I too the opportunity of time and great weather yesterday to have a clear out and start and run up procedure.....Hopefully these show a little better what was "in the Box"

Well...>THis was "before" spilling out the contents

And after:-

The "one" that started it all....ten years ago....my first Bimota...DB2

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the rest

Whos "guilty of this"......having lots of chargers yet never fitting the holders to the walls for ease of hanging?...Come on...shout out....Well...as the garage was empty....I tipped the house upside down and found most of mine and fitted them

Finger and "Superlight" 900ss/Half Fairing thingie

Hello DB4...we meet once again...at last

Hello Db6(R)

More wall fitted battery chargers...AND.....far top RIght….Fire extinguisher....thats been on my list for nearly ten years to fit

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End,,,,,,
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see your bikes getting some sunshine and being able to breathe some fresh air for the afternoon 2bims. Plenty of room in your modest man cave.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: