Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Today's ride
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Today's ride Reply with quote

While its true that California has a stay-in-home ordinance in place, LEOs (law enforcement officers) do not interfere with those riding or driving in the canyons as long as they adhere to the posted speed limit and stay on the proper side of the yellow line. I took a day off and took the YB10 out for a ride to flex the muscles. Today's ride again confirmed why the Dieci remains my favorite. Hard to believe its almost 30 years old.

For those that are familiar with the Mulholland and the roads that intersect it, Stunt Road is one of the "go-to" points during a typical ride. Arriving at top of Stunt today and looking over to the parking area I could not believe my eyes. Yes, it was another Bimota, a DB4 out on a maiden ride by its seasoned new owner. We exchanged numbers and hopefully its not the last of this beautiful DB4 that I have seen:

Proceeded on to the Rock Store. Second time in that I can recall when I was the only one there, but not for very long:

Bunch of Harleys showed up few minutes later but I already put the camera away Wink

Headed to PCH via Encinal Canyon:

2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB10 is looking fantastic mate, looks like it was a really nice day for a ride too.

Not very often that you'd run across another Bimota on a ride, especially someone that you didn't know. That's a very and rarely seen 1/2 fairing DB4 as well. I'd love to get my hands on a set of the 1/2 fairing bodywork.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always a special day when you get out and about on a Bimota...lovely shots and scenery...And....its even more of a special day if you by chance meet up with another Bimota owner....a quite Rare single seat DB4 half fairing also.....I bet you were both happy to have met with such a common interest....well done...Police around here Would not be so obliging....they've even engaged helicopters and remote control drones to take to the skies and name and shame
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats what I like to hear !! , Stay at home unless you going out for a ride in the canyons Laughing Talk about a sensible approach !!!

And a half faired DB4 to boot !!! Life could not get any better !!
RWG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words mates!

The owner of the DB4 rides the same canyons so its a very good chance we'll see each other in the very near future. I have a friend that owns a DB4 and a DB6 Delirio Azzurro.

Now, if Quikduk will come out and play we can have a half decent Bimota tour de force at the Rock Store. Cool
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound "sweet"....although it sounds like you'd be Out "DB'd"....with 2 or 3 Duc engine models and just one YB....

Sounds like my first ever planned meet-up with similar like minded Bimota owners....a DB4 Moto corse model....a DB3 Mantra....me on my DB2....and a YB11....Still...to date.....the most ever Bimotas ridden to an event outside of a show that I've achieved....At a show last year where most ride to....we did have my DB2....a YB9,8 and 10 came down...I think....and my DB2...and a Db1 and YB6 were taken there also.....they like company bimotas....and always stand out from a crowd as being what they are...Bimotas...instantly recognisable from afar....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have seen a v.similar paint scheme on another DB4 on Google images. (but with a few extra bits on the bike) Damned handsome I've got to say!!

Bud977

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that DB4. Nice job.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2bims
Steve, when it comes to "Bimota per Square Mile", Europe is very hard to beat. I've been riding Mulholland regularly for about 10 years. In those 10 years I have seen 3 other Bimotas on the road, this one being the third. First one was a Furano but that was while waiting for the YB10 to arrive so it was a tasty preview indeed, second one is the DB4 whose owner Marc is a good friend now and this is DB4 is Bimota #3.

There is a nice collection of about 8 Bimotas in Camarillo, which is about 25 miles north of me, but I am not sure if they ever get exercised...

Organizing a ride similar to yours would be awesome but I strongly doubt that we could get even close to it here...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
DB1 860

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Have seen a v.similar paint scheme on another DB4 on Google images. (but with a few extra bits on the bike) Damned handsome I've got to say!!

So does anyone know if that is the standard bimota red used, It doesnt look as orange as some of the other models.

Im thinking of having my yellow DB4 changed to that red.
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the old ad, it was a custom paint job, probably done in the US. Love the MotoCorse bikes.

https://raresportbikesforsale.com/bimota-db4-in-north-alabama/
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:

Have got to admit I think that is the nicest DB4 paint scheme out there, complete contrast the standard DB4 half fairing paint job!!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DB1 860"]
welshlamb wrote:

So does anyone know if that is the standard bimota red used, It doesnt look as orange as some of the other models.

Im thinking of having my yellow DB4 changed to that red.

I'd say that was Ducati Red....or Ferrari Red as its sometimes known......defo a deeper red than the orangey red used on the DB1/2/4.....later models like DB5R went deep red.....

Yellow DB4....me likes yellow...picture please
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
@2bims
Steve, when it comes to "Bimota per Square Mile", Europe is very hard to beat. I've been riding Mulholland regularly for about 10 years. In those 10 years I have seen 3 other Bimotas on the road, this one being the third. First one was a Furano but that was while waiting for the YB10 to arrive so it was a tasty preview indeed, second one is the DB4 whose owner Marc is a good friend now and this is DB4 is Bimota #3.

There is a nice collection of about 8 Bimotas in Camarillo, which is about 25 miles north of me, but I am not sure if they ever get exercised...

Organizing a ride similar to yours would be awesome but I strongly doubt that we could get even close to it here...

I think the North West of the UK does pretty well for Bimotas per square mile.....if you throw out a 50 mile radius from me I know of perhaps 60 bimotas in that catchment....Other problem with "bimotas" is that their owners are usually busy...and have other make bikes for "everyday" rides...and BImotas can languish in the back of the garage ….sometimes unloved....or missing that one part...or that one issue they've never fathomed out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: