Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5 for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Bike came in a box of bits for around £1500 delivered...was taken so far...and then sold...and finished...with a hand fabbed nosecone and seat unit and paint.....it was a crashed DB5 missing its entire front end and all bodywork except the tank....which is DB5......new forks from a different make and model were fixed to it....prototype DB6 it was not.....crashed DB5 turned into a DB6 look-a-like..

I was trying to let the man down gently 2bims !!!!!

I really do hope that someone is just fishing for info on this bike as the prototype story is the result of to much pot smoking I think !!

It is actually worse than you think . Had numerous emails/calls with chap that bought it off Pompey in its cafe racer form and turned it into the streetfighter it is now. He spent a fortune on getting the bits he needed to get it to run (ecu etc) and then when he came to register it had all sorts of issue's , its not even a road going DB5 frame , its a race frame. NOT FOR ROAD USE !! the factory told him.
It ended up in Germany at one point for sale but that turned up other issues due to the TUV reg system.
Last thing I heard is the frame can not be registered anywhere.
geh007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the gent who had agreed to purchase the bike. That decision has now been cancelled, although in all honesty that was before I came across these posts. Hence I deleted my post.

The seller, who I wont name, is a stand up good guy of extremely good repute in another community, and I would be surprised if he is aware of the bikes history as described, as I had a number of conversations with him.

It was a very tempting purchase with the prototype angle, and although quite a machine, it's not for me now.

For your info, it was actually road registered in the UK not too long ago.

Thanks for the info, and I'd love to join the Bimota ownership experience one day, just not this time.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geh007 wrote:
I am the gent who had agreed to purchase the bike. That decision has now been cancelled, although in all honesty that was before I came across these posts. Hence I deleted my post.

The seller, who I wont name, is a stand up good guy of extremely good repute in another community, and I would be surprised if he is aware of the bikes history as described, as I had a number of conversations with him.

It was a very tempting purchase with the prototype angle, and although quite a machine, it's not for me now.

Thanks for the info, and I'd love to join the Bimota ownership experience one day, just not this time.

Phew.....lucky escape....with any rarity such as a bimota...it pays to do your homework....you'd be far better off buying vorts spare db6....at least that's a pucker proper street fighter bimota as it came from the factory...
geh007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Are there any details of that bike on the forum you could point me to please?
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geh007 wrote:

It may have a UK V5 from about 8yrs ago I think but that was issued before it was discovered the frame was originally stolen in Italy.

The original bits came from Italy to UK as parts with no papers. It was part assy by 1 person into a cafe racer but not registered, (maybe he found something he did not like ?). It was sold on ebay to a bloke in the north east, he converted to a streetfighter, applied to Bimota for dating letter, they said NO, Race Only . He got a dating letter from UK Bimota for 2006 intro date I believe and registered it on that.
He then p/x it for a BMW I think. Next I saw of it was in a dealer and then in Germany dealer . I think it got sold as heard they tried to register it in Germany were it got impounded by the authorities as the frame was stolen in Italy . See UK DVLA do not do stolen checks in Europe but TUV do !!
Never heard the outcome but obviously got brought back to UK.
Its what I was told and the person , (who is not on here) that told me was directly involved with the police investigation so I have no reason to doubt it
geh007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey. Very interesting information. Thanks for sharing. Even more glad I didn't proceed now.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geh007 wrote:

I know were there is a Bimota DB6 for sale , if your interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: