Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

wheels and sizes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANGRY ANIMAL

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: wheels and sizes Reply with quote

Hello everybody, i have just bought a 95 SB6 in bits, it has no wheels so iam looking for some that fit. Ducati 916 will fit but needs top hat spacers also i have no spindle so will have to make that has anybody got the dimensions of one, has anybody fitted a ducati ST rear wheel or know of a good fairly straight forward wheel swap.
Sad
DB1 860

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sb6 wheels look as if they where covered by a range of bimota's, have a look on EBay, Im sure I've seen them for sale at a Queensland wrecker, that would be easier than using Ducati wheels. You wouldn't have to worry about spacers, bearings, off sets, caliper and rotor adjustments, chain run.
I think the rear is a 6in on the SB.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there is a breaker in AUS that seems to have a never ending supply of Bimota to part out.

From what I can see his prices are insane, but maybe the "make an offer" button will work for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIMOTA-SB6-R-1996-ANTERA-REAR-WHEEL-FEW-PAINT-CHIPS-17-X-X5-50-6C1115/231029212426?hash=item35ca6a050a:g:gJ0AAMXQVhFSAcw-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIMOTA-SB-6R-1997-FRONT-WHEEL-AND-DISCS-ANTERRA-BRAND-LOT61-61C4461/233323783157?hash=item36532e63f5:g:2JcAAOSwCHddZJ3t

I forget if the rear is supposed to be 5.5 or 6.0 on a SB6

For what it looks like used wheels would cost, I would be looking into a set of carbon fiber wheels.

HPS in the UK runs sales on them fairly often. Looks like a set is around $2500 USD
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
Yeah there is a breaker in AUS that seems to have a never ending supply of Bimota to part out.

From what I can see his prices are insane, but maybe the "make an offer" button will work for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIMOTA-SB6-R-1996-ANTERA-REAR-WHEEL-FEW-PAINT-CHIPS-17-X-X5-50-6C1115/231029212426?hash=item35ca6a050a:g:gJ0AAMXQVhFSAcw-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIMOTA-SB-6R-1997-FRONT-WHEEL-AND-DISCS-ANTERRA-BRAND-LOT61-61C4461/233323783157?hash=item36532e63f5:g:2JcAAOSwCHddZJ3t

For what it looks like used wheels would cost, I would be looking into a set of carbon fiber wheels.

HPS in the UK runs sales on them fairly often. Looks like a set is around $2500 USD

HpS prices are now £2800 a pair....so over $3000......curious party has to decide if he has a SB6 Mk 1...or 1.5 or 2....as his spacers and spindles and discs are different...I know a seller in Italy that has New Old Stock Oscam Mk1 wheels for sale at very good prices.....Anteras for Mk 2 are in OZ....and Marcheshinis fit also...with adaptation depending on which Sb6 he has
DB1 860

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Jaguar wrote:

HpS prices are now £2800 a pair....so over $3000......curious party has to decide if he has a SB6 Mk 1...or 1.5 or 2....as his spacers and spindles and discs are different...I know a seller in Italy that has New Old Stock Oscam Mk1 wheels for sale at very good prices.....Anteras for Mk 2 are in OZ....and Marcheshinis fit also...with adaptation depending on which Sb6 he has

Japanese Yahoo has a couple of sets for sale as well
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

HPS prices included VAT which doesn't get applied to foreign buyers. Shipping to the U.S. is pretty reasonable, so we effectively pay between $2500-2600 USD at current exchange rates. I bought a set for my DB2 off HPS when the exchange rate was weak and paid under $2300 USD delivered. We'll see how Boris J. does with the end of the June deadline. If he manages it poorly, they'll be deals to be had for foreign buyers.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB6 rear is 5.5 as standard , but you can get a 6 inch one in.
However there are no direct replacements from other makes, its either mess about trying to get something to fit and then worry about the disc's / speedo drive, or as other say go for a set of dymag's which are made for the bike.
Do you have the disc's and speedo drive ?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discs are standard Ducati but are countersunk bolts to clear the speedo drive

- ducati fit .... the actual discs are iron rich and harder to find. Modern disc steel has caught up with them especially when coupled with modern pads
ANGRY ANIMAL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the wheels or any other parts like discs spindles etc. The guy i got it off had dymag carbon on it but they were not a straight forward fit the bolts caught on the calipers and they were supposed to be for the bike.
Tried some ducati wheels the 916 would fit with different disc bolts but the back is the problem the sprocket to rim distance is very short. dont need a speedo drive will use electronic clock
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANGRY ANIMAL wrote:
I dont have the wheels or any other parts like discs spindles etc. The guy i got it off had dymag carbon on it but they were not a straight forward fit the bolts caught on the calipers and they were supposed to be for the bike.
Tried some ducati wheels the 916 would fit with different disc bolts but the back is the problem the sprocket to rim distance is very short. dont need a speedo drive will use electronic clock

The front disc bolts on the SB6 are countersunk heads so they fit flush with the disc carriers
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANGRY ANIMAL wrote:

I have Dymags on my SB6 and a few other bikes , they are a straight replacement so guess the seller ordered the wrong wheels ??!!??

As EC says the discs are Ducati fitment but need countersinking and reduced head bolts , but this is only to clear the speedo drive NOT the caliper.
ANGRY ANIMAL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: wheels and sizes Reply with quote

Thanks all, i have found a front laverda 750 Marchesini wheel and discs that will fit just have t get a spindle made. Also a bandit 1100 rear wheel looks like it may fit but needs a new caliper bracket as ithe originl is a 230mm disc and bandit 240mm and i cannot find one of the correct size to fit the wheel.
Anders

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: wheels and sizes Reply with quote

ANGRY ANIMAL wrote:
Thanks all, i have found a front laverda 750 Marchesini wheel and discs that will fit just have t get a spindle made. Also a bandit 1100 rear wheel looks like it may fit but needs a new caliper bracket as ithe originl is a 230mm disc and bandit 240mm and i cannot find one of the correct size to fit the wheel.

You could have a new 230 disc made, or just turn down the bandit disk. When I mounted PVM wheels on my bb1, I made a new disc by water jet cutting.
racerstation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SB6 front wheel I think. I am in Australia though. It may be a DB3 wheel will check and report back in a few hours.
ANGRY ANIMAL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of that Anders but it will brake trough the vent holes and look odd but the cutting a new one may be an idea.
Once i get the rest of it built, may just get a set of dymags. may mate is modifing the frame to take the flatslides then ill get it re coated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: