Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 - rear cliper repair kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatyszysta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: DB4 - rear cliper repair kit Reply with quote

Hi guys, my rear brake is totally dead. I need a repair kit. Does anyone know where can i get it ? Or maybe one from some ducati bike fits to db4 ? Thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part is "dead"?...Normally its the piston in the brake master above the footpeg......New ones are circa £35....and best option rather than a repair kit....Normally the rear brake caliper is not at fault.....These were never fitted to Ducatis....but Cagiva Mito rear caliper and Cagiva SuperCity rear caliper are the same....for the Front brake master....you need to find one with the same hole spacing for how it mounts on the footpeg hanger bracket...AND...check that the banjo line and Fluid inlet from the res pot are in the same locations...as there are many different variants....
hatyszysta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the piston and sealing is dead. I need to replace those parts
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pistons in the rear caliper....or the piston in the rear brake master where the push rod from the foot lever activates it?....as there are pistons in both ends...caliper and master
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: DB4 rear caliper Reply with quote

Powerhouse Brakes should be able to supply a calliper repair kit. Presumably it’s the calliper with a dust seal that locates inside the cylinder, rather than the older sort, where the dust seal locates on the piston and calliper body?
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out Johnny.....he doesnt seem to understand that the master and the caliper have seals and pistons and thus cant identify where his issue is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: