Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 seat fasteners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Welsh lamb, thanks for organising this
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will pick up from machine shop on Monday and send to coaters for cerakoting. Should have back within a week . Thanks for your patience.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will pick up from machine shop on Monday and send to coaters for cerakoting. Should have back within a week . Thanks for your patience.
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Ralph Very Happy
hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ralph - out of sheer laziness on my part did you also figure out a supplier for the the grommets protecting the fairing where the bolts fit?

I've just measured it to be about 15mm ID, 20mm OD and 2.5mm groove width, and will go looking for a supplier in due course, but I suspect you may have already done so!

Thanks,
Mike
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hindsight......I go to Halfords and buy "electrical" rubber grommets......get yourself a tray full of them for different sizes......or just buy online what you need....thats all they are
hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi Hindsight......I go to Halfords and buy "electrical" rubber grommets......get yourself a tray full of them for different sizes......or just buy online what you need....thats all they are

Yeah - I thought about that Steve, and already have some in the workshop, but every one I already have is a smaller groove width (1.6mm, rather than 2.5mm), and Halfords tend not to have many variants on the size.

I'll have a rummage around the interweb and ebay to see what I can find.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiny parts deserve big pictures!!.....so.....

A day later than I mentioned but the seat screws were picked up yesterday. All dims seem to check out so it's off to the coaters next. Unfortunately due to a family death thee are closed for a few days until mid next week.

Patience is a virtue as they say.

The engineering shop is just 2 (3?) guys with a great assortment of some vintage machine tools and some 'newer' CNC machines. They were quite interested in the application and for once the "no job too small" bullshit you get from many businesses (until they say "No thanks" ) seems to be true.

The guy running it fled a bigger family engineering business and seems happy to be 'in control' of his microbusiness.

As its 6 miles from my house he may well be a source for other unobtanium or custom parts?
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great Welsh lamb, looking forward to the finished item
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovlely WelshLamb......Torn now though....decisions decisions....do I hold back from the black anodising and stay shiney?.....Love my Shiney...and its not like my bike is stock...far from it.....hhmmmmmmmmmm.......Shiney...no....Black...no....no......,,,,,Or shite...just flipping a coin.....shite.....came up tails for Black.....Best of 3....shite.....came up tails again......Best of five.....shite...tails friggin again.....its jinxed......me flipping the coin 3 times means I must want SHINEY none anodised please.......Decision made...FInal....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hindsight wrote:
Hi Ralph - out of sheer laziness on my part did you also figure out a supplier for the the grommets protecting the fairing where the bolts fit?

I've just measured it to be about 15mm ID, 20mm OD and 2.5mm groove width, and will go looking for a supplier in due course, but I suspect you may have already done so!

Thanks,
Mike

not near my garage today so cant verify yr dims. Is 20mm the hole in seat unit diameter or the OD of the grommet? A quick Google has got me to item G10-R200-24-150 from the following page (If its 20mm seat hole) https://www.grommets.co.uk/products/grommets/open-rubber-grommets/ Need to look further.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Lovlely WelshLamb......Torn now though....decisions decisions....do I hold back from the black anodising and stay shiney?.....Love my Shiney...and its not like my bike is stock...far from it.....hhmmmmmmmmmm.......Shiney...no....Black...no....no......,,,,,Or shite...just flipping a coin.....shite.....came up tails for Black.....Best of 3....shite.....came up tails again......Best of five.....shite...tails friggin again.....its jinxed......me flipping the coin 3 times means I must want SHINEY none anodised please.......Decision made...FInal....

One pair 'au naturel' reserved for you then!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
2bims wrote:

One pair 'au naturel' reserved for you then!

Cheers Lammie......au naturel better than nylon/plastic twist like cheese stock original Au naturel....
brian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

You could always go gold Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:

You could always go gold Shocked

You didn't seem to like the idea of shiney shiney when I did this Rolling Eyes

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: