Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 seat fasteners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnmankit wrote:
Great job welshlamb, along with everyone else, thanks for your efforts. Just a simple question: have you tested one in place to check the threads etc? Have a good weekend! Kit

Yes, I tested on my bike when they came back from machining. The originals were right on bottom limit for M10 spec thread diameter, these are mid spec so may be a little tight , especially with any crud that's accumulated in the sub frame bosses over the years. I just ran an M10 tap down the female thread and it (new screw) fitted fine. The Cerakote is only a couple of thou thick so shouldn't make any difference.

Also 2Bims has had his screws for a while and I have'nt heard him raise any concerns.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup....Mine went straight in....and are still there....they went a little tight in the last half turn or 2....but....unlike the plastic ones you can turn them and not worry that the allen key will burr the head of the old nylon ones.....and....my frame has been newly powder coated....so as Lambie says.....run a tap thru the socket first....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more posts here from me. Seperate topic for despatching/payment/use notifications has been started to keep things simple. Cheers everybody!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: