Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R Tail Light Information Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: SB8R Tail Light Information Needed Reply with quote

At some point my bike had a little "tail tidy" installed. The rear light has integrated turn signals. I would like to go back to the original set up. I have most of the parts, but not the little "box" that goes below the light, but above the plate. I assume this is NOT some crazy Bimota part it is Bimota 50499024. Anyone know what it cross references too? Any information on the actual tail light?

Thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "5" at the part number begniing denotes it being bimota specific...but its not always so.....search other models that used the same rear light lens unit...Yamaha Aerox QR50...BMW Funduro....etc

Maybe they used the same number plate light?....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This any good?...I'd ignore the part number....but SB6R and Sb8 share the same tailight and wide apart underseat exhausts so maybe the same hanger and tail light for the number plate?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-SB6-R-1997-NUMBER-PLATE-LIGHT-RARE-PN-504990240-OEM-LOT52-52C5239/233593616606?hash=item366343b8de:g:yW8AAOSw3DFexNBC
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be using the same part number as youre asking for.....I cant help with whether its the right part or not though
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it isnt a Suzuki part number for sure.

Will keep digging. Figured someone might say "yeah, it is a 19XX what ever"

Thanks for the link, never thought to check other Bimota.
Have a 6R sitting right next to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: