Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 Ground wire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miriman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: SB6 Ground wire Reply with quote

Would someone be able to tell me where the ground or earth wire is routed from the batteries and where it attaches or grounds too? Much appreciated, Cheers, Neil
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back of the engine...LHS I believe......accessible just from the swingarm chain side
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad connection and it stops everything from working...be it loose or disconnected
miriman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, great. I think I found it on the waterpump cover, at least that's where the remains of the old one is. I really appreciate that and will probably have a few more wiring questions in the near future as I piece this thing together.
Cheers.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh No...I'm "out" after that question and Answer...not coz I want to be...but thats the entire limit of my wiring knowledge on an Sb6...because we went to a show with a fair few bimotas...and the Sb6 was a dead duck at the end of it...someone said ..."check the earth wire at back of engine"...(rather than strip off the one piece fairing...and phew....the bolt and strap was loose...so EVIL CHICKEN could get on his way home...and so could we....he should check in soon if needed or pm him...hes a helpful chap
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Oh No...I'm "out" after that question and Answer...not coz I want to be...but thats the entire limit of my wiring knowledge on an Sb6...because we went to a show with a fair few bimotas...and the Sb6 was a dead duck at the end of it...someone said ..."check the earth wire at back of engine"...(rather than strip off the one piece fairing...and phew....the bolt and strap was loose...so EVIL CHICKEN could get on his way home...and so could we....he should check in soon if needed or pm him...hes a helpful chap

Yeah ... if thats not attached the ignition will be dead.
Embarassed
The pickup is light green / black and gets swapped for the alternator ... everything works but theres no spark at the plugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: