Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Have I ever helped you?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Have I ever helped you? Reply with quote

Hello Bimota Fans and Owners, quite a "deep" meaning post from myself here, for which I would appreciate anyone or all of you to post up....no smileys or thumbs up....just straight comments. I am currently being accused of destroying a persons business which is Bimota related (Please...No names, no guessing, or I will remove said posts)....I am being threatened with an "International Lawsuit" for allegedly destroying a Bimota business...and being "Personally responsible" for said business in being turned down by new owners Kawasaki as a going concern for parts and bikes in the new Bimota company. I have been accused of self promoting other Bimota businesses like Bimota-parts.de and Armin Schneider of DRT Schneider, by posting up their links, that this posting secures me some form of discount or "kick-back" in financial terms....I upload Workshop Manuals, sales brochures, Owners handbooks etc for Free download on various FB pages.....and I post up offerings of cherished parts I find on Ebay across the world....I hereby state that I do all of this for FREE, I ask nothing from no-one except maybe friendship, I pass technical details and assistance onto others, as other Bimota enthusiasts have done so to me , all of which I freely pass on. Have I ever helped you? Have I ever asked for any form of payment whatsoever ?...Feel free to post as I feel its reached the time I have to defend the false allegations made against me...which could ultimately lead me to "going underground" and disappearing from Facebook, Forums etc and never assisting again ...except for the dear friends that I know and trust
atomibart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims,
You have helped me several times since I have been on this forum, finding parts, help, knowledge, various matters always related to Bimota.
I can certify that you always did this for free, that you never ask any form of payment or retribution, that you were only motivated by your enthusiasm for Bimota and for helping this forum members.

No business here, just true passion and friendship.

Cheers
atomibart
brian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad word can be said about any of the MANY MANY transactions I’ve had with 2bims aka Steve.

I must say, not knowing who you’re referring to.....IF somebody has managed to destroy another person’s business single handedly, then it must have been a shit business that was on the brink of collapse anyway.

Tell him to pull his head in and concentrate on doing good business instead of slinging shit
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
phil-short

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some stage you have helped just about every member on here with advice, ideas and directions on how why when for anything Bimota related. Your passion for the brand is enormous and fair play to you for your efforts..... This forum for a start would be a very quiet and lonely spot without your imput and support
I don't know you personally but I would trust you completely based on how I have seen you deal with people over the years. I would not say that lightly.
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil-short wrote:
At some stage you have helped just about every member on here with advice, ideas and directions on how why when for anything Bimota related. Your passion for the brand is enormous and fair play to you for your efforts..... This forum for a start would be a very quiet and lonely spot without your imput and support
I don't know you personally but I would trust you completely based on how I have seen you deal with people over the years. I would not say that lightly.

I totally agree ! Some bugger must have a bee in their bonnet.
Cheers .
shay001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:01 am    Post subject: you've helped me more than the other person Reply with quote

Buggar me but this is getting annoying, I have been trying to get a price from the other party in this fracas for an exhaust system and a new set of fairings. They refuse to give me a price, so no, I don't think the business is all that well run, maybe they thought Bimota owners shat money. Some might, I don't. The answer to my question does it come painted or unpainted? A "thumbs up" symbol. This is NOT an answer. You don't run a business by answering questions from prospective buyers with a thumbs up.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the "annoying" thumbs up reply?....Ooo...that so makes me cringe....especially if you've given the seller a question with 2 options....I think I'd be asking for a photo first....THEN...you would be able to see also...that should be possible and valid given the distance that possibly seperates you
shay001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff it, clearly it is as I discussed with you on facebook, he sizes up how much he thinks you can pay and prices accordingly, or ignores you altogether. Clearly a very "relaxed" attitude to business, and you can't buy off his site. Impossibly high postage costs, and charging for stuff you have given for free, such as manuals and parts books
you have also helped me with advice and parts. I've found a source of replica bodywork here in Australia, I'll be dealing with them
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1 bodywork

https://www.airtech-streamlining.com/bimota-fairings-seats-fenders-parts/bimotadb1.htm
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello"......l don’t do Facebook..... I’m not great on other social media things either

But forums are my technical lifeline on certain issues.
I use the EAB elefantadventurebikes and the Bimota forum...mainly because they are NOT trade related.

Forums are for technical bases and information good or bad on the related product.

I do not want to read about best BBQ sauce or get a thumbs up on certain products if that person is financially attached to the product.

Trade should stay off forums unless giving the forum members an actual discount on a related item.

Trade benefit from forums, by getting access to real life users......and those users have an opinion.

Trade should not use one without being subject to the other

I first met 2Bims at the Manchester show where without financial gain he presented a owners stand and hosted free of charge a good example of Bimota friendship

Over all time I’ve known him....he has been helpfull, expensive, cheap and infuriating......we all can be

But his infectious love for Bimota never goes un noticed...it’s been passed on and cost me a small fortune

Economics are bad in the EU...let’s hope that the stance taken by this company is a reflection of business pressures in a difficult time and things can die down and get back to normal quickly

What’s more...I never thought that 2Bims influence was that important to other businesses.

Who ever it is, must have other external issues, worrying them and these will have a far greater effect on their business.....than you.

Regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger

Last edited by Gavin944888 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Matty82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Not a bad word can be said about any of the MANY MANY transactions I’ve had with 2bims aka Steve.

I must say, not knowing who you’re referring to.....IF somebody has managed to destroy another person’s business single handedly, then it must have been a shit business that was on the brink of collapse anyway.

Tell him to pull his head in and concentrate on doing good business instead of slinging shit

Brian sums it up great as well as other posts on here. 2bims has helped many over the years including myself, all for free. A good man
arsenic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am purchasing a DB10 in England actually and yes, Steve give you just so many tips and information and goes out of his way to help you without any counterparts if not just a « thank you Steve ».

Don’t worry mate, the person who’s accusing you of all this bullshit deserve to go bankrupt, just send him a « you mad bro ? » and never bother with that person again, it’s just all talk anyway.
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had lots of talk and assistance from / by Steve over the years

Very odd situation that someone thinks he has engineered when I have only seen good intentions
hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to many of the other replies above - for me, the forum is here for knowledge sharing and friendship - essential for the upkeep of these older machines. Steve - you've extended plenty of both qualities, with no commercial intent.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum, and Bims has been a HUGE help for me getting into Bimota.

People to the time to talk options, share experience and guide a new owner through this wild ride.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: