Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 Vacuum taps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratos23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:50 am    Post subject: DB1 Vacuum taps Reply with quote

Hello Bimota fans,

For years I’ve been struggling with the contortionist practice of getting my hands up inside the fairing to turn on/off the manual fuel taps (because the std vacuum taps always eventually fail). It’s a real pain and I’m lucky to have skinny hands/wrists, or they’d be no chance of getting in there!

But having recently acquired an incredible ‘as new’ DB1, I’ve decided it’s time to persevere with vacuum taps and even reinstall them on my older DB1 as well (so I need to rebuild or replace FOUR).

The original Paioli unit was part# 2159037 and can be seen beautifully illustrated with all measurements in the Paioli catalogue which is online here:

https://paioli.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/catalogo_rubinetti_1.pdf

But finding a supplier is another mystery I haven’t solved yet. Ideally, I’d just source the parts needed to rebuild them (namely the diaphragm), but also happy to buy complete taps if I need to. There are also other options of a different design, like those from OMG, but not sure if they would fit:

https://www.omgitalia.com/en/fuel-taps-for-scooters/

Can anyone help me with any info on this subject? I’m sure other DB1 owners out there would also benefit from the intel!

Cheers, Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: