Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 buy or walk away ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leedusktildawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: DB4 buy or walk away ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I am new to this site, I have registered because i am thinking of buying a DB 4, it is a 2000 model, but it was not registered for the road until 2009. it has never seen rain, is as new really and has only covered 5000 kliks. It is the full faired version that is mainly white with green, red and black colour scheme.
The question is what is it worth? It has been offered to me for £3995, one owner as new, what do you guys think, should I buy or walk away? what are the pitfalls of owning this model ? or is it all fun fun fun !!
Thanks Lee.
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Lee

Just buy it....you know you want to Laughing
As for the pitfalls.........
It's rare and will get you noticed, you'll enjoy riding it, probably always hold it's value and .....Can't think of any other pit falls Wink

The good points are servicing costs and unobtainable bits to search for so you'll always be busy Laughing but the best good point is you've got this forum for support and pi$$ taking Wink
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do it if the bike is ok...db4 is a stunning bike with a reliable engine.....pictures are welcome on the forum.

Regards johan Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a fair price and you should go for it, you wont loose out even if you dont get on with it and want to pass on. It's rarity will hold its value amd most Bimota's in great condition are heading up in price. Go for it! Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about parts so much, when you can't find things you just get them made. It's not that costly when you factor in the price of any facorties prices and the time you'd need to wait for them.

They are nice bikes and you'll be one of only a few hundered riders that own ine. Classic insurance too.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB4 may be down on power to modern standards but it is lighter , shorter and lower then an R6. Easy to ride hard and use the full engine, in the right hands its more then enough. Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a DB4 tricolor, bought it about 3 years ago. As some people have said , not the most powerful of bikes , and motorway/dual carraige way riding is not the best. Seem to get buffeted alot ,making it hard work . However on a trip into North Wales this summer , I caught and passed a 08 blade who was not happy , could paste me down the straights , but in the corners he was like Miss Daisy. I also caught and passed an RC8 and his mate on a Gixer thou.
I am not a super fast rider , but the db4 is vary light and nimble. If possible I would suggest a long test ride , as a quick 5 minutes round town and you would throw the keys at the bloke in disgust.
They do not come up for sale very often , and at £3995 its a bit of a bargain. I think if you don't want it , there is a few on here that will.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find the DB4 is a real "real-world" bike - way fast enough for our speed camera riddled country but an absolute hoot to ride - think RGV250 sublime handling & low weight but with extra poke (and some torque!!) and you won't be far wrong.
And there is a space reserved for it at Uttoxeter, where you can tell us all how good it is! Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I think Lee has vanished back into cyberspace....
leedusktildawn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
No I have not disapeared into cyber space, but I am the proud owner of a DB 4.
Just to introduce myself a bit more, I am from North Wales and an all round bike nut, I have an old Ducati and a dirt bike, which I seem to use more than the road bike. I do a few track days a year at oulton and angelsey, and I am sure the DB will get a run out when the temp goes up.
I will take some pics tomorrow and try and load them on here, in the mean time I will try a test pic, I know it`s not a Bimota, but hey, disbar me !!!
Cheers for all the advice bouy`s, Lee.
leedusktildawn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have tried to upload an image, but it wont let me (boooooo)
what a shame, I have so much to give LOL.
oily

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because it's not a picture of a Bimota Wink

Seriously.... upload to photobucket or the like and then link to it.
Much easier Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Aha! Congrats Lee, welcome to the forum and great call to buy at that price ... Laughing
sapila racing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on buying it. You couldn't resist could you?
It will be great for track day use for sure.
leedusktildawn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to upload a pic and post it on here. I am a bit of a numpty with a computer, so idiots slow instructions would be good.
Thanks Bimota boyo`s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: