Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Bimota owner.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spring

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the bodywork came from Thoroughbred Motorcycles in Australia, when the business was sold, along with alot of the spares.

What sort of spares? I`ve got to go back to the house and find some missing bits.Also I can have anything to do with the Bimota.There`s lots of mixed bike stuff there so it would be good to know what I`m looking for.
Some should be obvious,some not.

If it`s easier ,P.M. your phone no; and I could phone you.
Please suggest a good time to call.
Cheers,Keith.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb6rdaz wrote:

I modified the airbox, to remove the standard filter and run the bike on individual filters, as the stock bimota airbox is way to small, and a massive restriction

Daz, did you actuly have this engine running well and jetted right with individual filters?
sb6rdaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSXR1100w's run ok on pod filters with a stage 7 jet kit in there. The stock airboxes on the SB6, and the GSXR1100w's are way too small for that motor, as to be honest are most stock airboxes! The 6R made steps to improve matters, and is a bit better but there's still a vast room for improvement. My carbon airbox on my 6R is some 30% bigger in volume than the OE one, and gave 2-3hp all through the rev range. Very Happy
I didn't get as far as getting the SB6 on our dyno before I sold it, so really it was just a runner, no jetting done although it was running pod filters on the GSXR when it donated it's engine for the SB6, so possibly is jetted close already. Though no different to a 'fightered Gixxer really, and they can be made to work well with time on the dyno.
I also considered a ram-air airbox as on the Corse 200mph SB6, but the lack of room for any fuel was too much of a compromise!
Keith, take a look on www.meltedsliders.co.uk. That is my company, so you can contact me on the numbers there during opening hours if you wish to chat. If I'm on the dyno, chances are I won't hear the phone, but leave a message and I'll call you back straight away. Same goes for you 'Oily' if you wanna chew the fat, by all means gimme a bell.
Thanks guys,
Daz Rolling Eyes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New Bimota owner. Reply with quote

Spring wrote:

I`ve had a quick scan thru` this site and see spares for sale and Tech`help Very Happy ,Good News.Where can I get a parts manual/expolded views etc? I saw Admin`/Keith has a Micro fishe...I have a viewer Smile

I am trying to find a scanner that will work for fiche for reasonable money. I have loads of micro fiche to scan.

I did get some professionally scanned a few years ago which cost rather a lot.

All the best

Keith
Spring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keith/Admin,I managed to get a parts manual/exploded views from Glen.Also got Fork sevice manual...just won Suzuki 1100w W`shop manual
on E bay. So no exscuses now Wink .Any other books needed?

I have managed to find some more parts.Bimota Red/Black fairing-damaged,hugger/damaged,original Bim` mirrors,bit more of the gear shift linkage,rear light/no:plate bracket[ carbon fibre ]and a few other wee bits.I might have to get a picture of the header tank.I got two but don`t know if they are correct.
Thanks for the help Smile Keith.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see some of the header tank just above the lights on this pic

Mirrors are the same as a Cagiva Mito
Rear light is a Ducati Monster (although I use a LED Foxeye)
Gear shift might be a bit difficult, you might need to get some of it made
Spring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.It looks like the correct header tank,I`ve just being trying to put it in the wrong place Embarassed I won`t get much time until after Xmas so just fiddling a bit Smile
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Is that header tank a Bimota part of something from another make adapted to fit?

All the best

Keith
oily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the SB6 header tank as designed and fitted by Bimota Wink
aussie RS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: thoroughbreds motorcycles Reply with quote

I believe a lot of thoroughbreds stock, including a set of moulds for SB6 bodywork was bought by Allen smith at the Australian Motorcycle museum in Queensland Australia.
I remeber walking into thoroughbreds here in Perth all the time. i loved that shop Crying or Very sad

was awesome watching their sb6 race around wannaroo racetrack in the nineties Very Happy
Spring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: thoroughbreds motorcycles Reply with quote

aussie RS wrote:
I believe a lot of thoroughbreds stock, including a set of moulds for SB6 bodywork was bought by Allen smith at the Australian Motorcycle museum in Queensland Australia.
I remeber walking into thoroughbreds here in Perth all the time. i loved that shop Crying or Very sad

was awesome watching their sb6 race around wannaroo racetrack in the nineties Very Happy

Phone the Museum/find the moulds Very Happy
Any pictures of their Race bike? How did it do?
aussie RS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Just email Allen Reply with quote

I believe he has them. Gordan Poestcha(?) raced their SB6, did aright from memory
sb6rdaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the SB6 stuff off Allen and shipped it to the UK, most of which was sold with the bike Keith has. I still have a few bits of it, which are of use to my 6R. I have access to the molds for the bodywork too, but as Keith has 3 full sets with the bike, he should have enough to keep him going!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the obvious question now is .... if "one" wanted a new fairing and or tail section .... how much would it cost and how many in a production run ???
Spring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wondered about body kits? There`s a firm local to me who are now making the body for "Thrust 3",remember Thrust 2?....600mph land speed record? Good enough for Richard Noble,good enough for me/us Smile ........
....not sure if that was a secret Embarassed Shocked
I could get some idea of price etc; in the new year.Maybe Darren would be interested also?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: