Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 models and corse kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie RS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: DB4 models and corse kit Reply with quote

If anyone has info on the production runs of the DB4, specs, etc and what was in the Corse kit can they please post any info.

they seem rare as rocking horse poo. although theirs a gorgeous looking heavily modded one on www.mobile.de is germany.
Thanks
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“DB4's had a total of 264 1999's made. As per this web site. http://www.bimota-freunde.de/
If you want to look click on the left side link called Schrauber-Archiv, then on the red link called "...Typenliste Bimota von 1975 bis 2000 ...". The only heading anyone may not figure out is "Anzahl" which means quantity.

I was told only 75 2000 DB4ie's made, 12 only made it to the US and some were half fairing models”

As for the corse kit , mine had it fitted when I bought it, consists of corse single titanium end can ( wieghs the same as air , and has an end you can fit your arm down) , load , you aint heard nothing yet ! , FCR flatslides and a different plastic can to allow for the carbs.

Rare -had mine for 4 yrs , tri-color , and never seen another.
robin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Mantra with a difference Reply with quote

Hi Aussie RS

I think you're on the Benelli forum too? Can't beat the passion of the Italian bikes - though it helps to have a few in case one of them isn't running at the moment! Have a look at my stripped-down Mantra under Mantra using 600 SS headers - the last picture is more or less how it looks now, though I'm always changing it - moved the plate, new indicators, mirrors. Next I might try putting a little handlebar fairing on.

Still trying to decide on the colour. I followed the link Vort28 listed, and saw a really nice red frame - maybe red and black is the way to go, or red and white, or red/white/green of the Italian flag - can't decide.

Roll on summer.
aussie RS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: yep thats me Reply with quote

have the 900RS Tornado since 05, planning on some sort of new bike shopping in NY. decisions decisions Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: