Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB7 on ebay
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whybeeten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: YB7 on ebay Reply with quote

Just spotted the YB7 on Uk ebay,whats it worth chaps?....reserve not yet met.

Phil.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll yet ya know when I buy it Laughing

Nah, not really, had enough of the mrs's 400's back in the day before she saw the light and started riding proper big bikes. Would look good hung on the wall though Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little bike.
The engine is from the FZR400 1WG SP or the 2TK, it will have a lighter valve train and close ratio (higher first gear) box. The clutch probably has an extra plate on it too. The FZR400 SP was only produced in 1987 and is pre Japanese speed restrictions, a downtuned / standard engine was then used in the FZR400R 3en1 and 3en2 in 88 and 89.

You could mod it building in pistons, barrels and head from a 3HE 600 to give 560cc keeping the short stroke of the 400 and the engine numbers.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing looks great. In original condition, rare, with mot and away you go ... mmmm my guess is around the 3k mark but who knows!
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Guess..........................
it won't make the reserve but I have been known to be wrong Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably right Oily but what do you think it should go for if no reserve? Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people would be interested and I think a bit shy of £3K Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Check the sellers History Reply with quote

Hi guys, been looking at the bike myself. Is it anyone on here that has it?

Checked his ebay history out, he sold an SB6 last year in November that was mentioned on here. Also note that he has the bike listed as registered 98, evidently though should be 88. Also Mileage at 5200 is actually kilometres. But, and please dear owner correct me if I'm off the mark, the seller bought a scrap FZR400 engine and bank of carbs off Ebay back last year in November, so is the Bimota carrying its original engine or the one from a breakers, that was listed as having done 32,000 kilometres. If he has put "replacement carbs" on lets hope he changed the jetting to cope with Bimotas changed can and airbox.

What price the bike if with a replacement engine
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the FZR motors are maked with "1WG" only (even the 3TJ's) there are no engine numbers as such.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Check the sellers History Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi guys, been looking at the bike myself. Is it anyone on here that has it?

Checked his ebay history out, he sold an SB6 last year in November that was mentioned on here. Also note that he has the bike listed as registered 98, evidently though should be 88. Also Mileage at 5200 is actually kilometres. But, and please dear owner correct me if I'm off the mark, the seller bought a scrap FZR400 engine and bank of carbs off Ebay back last year in November, so is the Bimota carrying its original engine or the one from a breakers, that was listed as having done 32,000 kilometres. If he has put "replacement carbs" on lets hope he changed the jetting to cope with Bimotas changed can and airbox.

What price the bike if with a replacement engine

Are we smelling a fish here Laughing

excellent detective work 2bims......;I
still stand by my guess of just shy of £3k with reserve not met Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad 2bims, or is that Hercule? very interesting information!
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the description again...........
to be fair to the seller, he does say it has a "fresh" engine Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with ebay and people using language to be vague about the truth? To me a fresh engine does not mean another engine of a similar age. I would read that as a change in belts or rings or top end or whatever but still the same engine. If it is a different block then maybe saying it has a " freshER " engine then the original would be more accurate. Ah well, buyer beware as always. Crying or Very sad
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: YB7 update Reply with quote

Well the owner came back to me and confirmed that it was his mates bike, that he had been trusted at getting up and running as it wouldn't go, and thus bought a spare engine and carbs just in case, but apparently turned out that he popped a new battery in and hey presto, it started, so perhaps there could be a spare engine and carbs included for those that would want to ride it.
Its always worth checking a guys ebay history as you can often find all the bits he's had to replace to get it up and running, also whether the bike was originally sourced from the bay. Bloke seemed genuine and replied back quick, and updated ad to say bike is a 88 and not 98 and that the mileage is actually kilometres.
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he is doing OK. Up to 2,500 with a couple of days left and the reserve has gone so somebody is going to have a long wait to the fine weather! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: