Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB7 on ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to potential winner, I'm now out, would rather fo for a 92 FZR400RR, no worries then if I bin it, and spares a lot easier to come by. Would hate to have to try and source spare cast iron 280mm front discs for that YB, had enough trouble and cost finding similar for my DB2
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: YB7 Reply with quote

yep, Im out of it as well - not going to pay over the odds for it. Good luck to the winner and hope to see it on the road rather than stuck inside! Would be good to see it on the stand at Uttoxeter show if its a forum member Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Hello Nige, wouldn't have thought you'd have been interested? Are you sure theres space left in your warehouse? I also thought that I might look like Bernard Manning riding Kate Moss, so perhaps best its gone beyond my price
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I wasn't the only one who thought it wouldn't make 3k.
Is it a sign of Bimota prices on the up or some body desperate to join the Bimota family Laughing
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims - I had a 400 VFR import some years ago - massive fun to ride. Always room in the warehouse!! Oily, lets hope the buyer appears on the site and contributes eh Surprised
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing So the last bid at 3550 went in with 2 minutes left and no last second takers... I thought it might tip over 3k, rarity and condition eh? Good for the seller and I think the buyer may have been a very shrewd man in the long term. Hope he joins us soon ... if he isn't already here! Wink
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only be the rarity value.......
I've bought TWO SB6's for less than that (each, of course)Wink
Well done Pompey, crystal ball still working then Wink
Yes, be good to see the new owner on here
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good to see it sell, and quite a bit over the reserve, hopefully now it has an MOT the new buyer may actually get out and about on it. Good price for this may well be the scarcity of reasonable priced Bims, only others on ebay are all at dealers and way way pricey. MadeinItalyMotorcycles always have a few Bims but at a couple of grand over what most would pay, the private seller is always going to create a crowd. In a way i pity the sellers that must really get their hopes up with all the "watchers" he must get from the Forum, thinking they are potential buyers, but really just keeing a watchful eye on value. Ah well temp is up 10degrees, time to pay a visit to the garage methinks. Fortunately the council has saved a fortune by only gritting once or twice this year so all the salt has gone!
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm a Bimota mug! Rolling Eyes (Not a bad thing)

I'll soon be the proud owner of the YB7. There's a story behind how I ended up buying it, but that's for another time.

I will say I was quite determined to own one. I've owned a YB4 for many years, which is awesome to ride everytime I take it out. Last year I bought a Yamaha FZR 400 RSP 2TK, I've done a few miles on it with great smiles per mile. When I saw the ebay ad, knowing how rare they are, and reading on this forum (and others) that the YB7 has the same engine, that was it. It will be used and not stored away.
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Brilliant, good for you Mr Laminator! I used to race an FZR 400 sp and I agree, great bikes and loads of fun. I think you made the right choice to go for it ... Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh look! a Bimota cup full of Oily's SB6 oil......... Very Happy
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news mr laminator - glad I didnt push the price further for you then!! as you may have seen GeeKay is organising a stand at the Uttoxeter bike show and Im sure you would be more than welcome as we havent a YB7 for it yet - drop him a line if you are interested. Smile Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Just realized you were only the 3rd member of the forum mr. Laminator ... Do you understand the term " sleeper "used in certain circles ? Well, you're the closest we have! Wink
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
oooh look! a Bimota cup full of Oily's SB6 oil......... Very Happy

My oil probably tastes better than my tea Wink

Glad to see another Bimota has gone to a good home
Well done Mr Laminator, you obviously wanted it badly Wink
laminator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
great news mr laminator - glad I didnt push the price further for you then!! as you may have seen GeeKay is organising a stand at the Uttoxeter bike show and Im sure you would be more than welcome as we havent a YB7 for it yet - drop him a line if you are interested. Smile Very Happy

I'd of liked to have got it cheaper Smile I'm located quite close to Uttoxeter but I'm at Cadwell the same weekend. Maybe I could pop them over and leave them, I still have the YB4 aswell.

Pompey wrote:
Just realized you were only the 3rd member of the forum mr. Laminator ... Do you understand the term " sleeper "used in certain circles ? Well, you're the closest we have!

I've had my other Bim for quite some time Wink To be honest, I'd not visited the site for a long time, I think I lost the link when changing computers. Not sure how I didn't find it again. Unfortunately for you lot, I'm back!

oily wrote:
My oil probably tastes better than my tea

Glad to see another Bimota has gone to a good home
Well done Mr Laminator, you obviously wanted it badly

Remind me to say 'Coffee' if you ever make me a brew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: