Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R on ebay uk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: SB8R on ebay uk Reply with quote

Laughing Now that looks like a great set of upgrades from standard, looks fantastic and with original equipment included would be just up some ones street? Wink
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Bimota-SB8R-Super-Sport-1040cc-/330518233396?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4cf46c0134
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some nice upgrades on that bike ( carbon wheels - albeit Dymag and not the really nice BST's, and the engine upgrade) but IMHO the "GP" exhaust looks naff, as do the gold footrests. And the full carbon fairing looks very similar to my bikes carbon nose cone and plastic side bits. Why did he paint it standard colours if it's carbon?
And the owner spent all that money and retained the seriously naff standard clocks?
They are the next thing to go on my bike.
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
some nice upgrades on that bike ( carbon wheels - albeit Dymag and not the really nice BST's, and the engine upgrade) but IMHO the "GP" exhaust looks naff, as do the gold footrests. And the full carbon fairing looks very similar to my bikes carbon nose cone and plastic side bits. Why did he paint it standard colours if it's carbon?
And the owner spent all that money and retained the seriously naff standard clocks?
They are the next thing to go on my bike.

I seriously doubt that this bike has a full carbon fiber fairing. Alot of people do not know better, even SB8R/SB8RS owners incorrectly believe that the entire fairing on these bikes is made of carbon. In reality 6 pieces of the multi piece fairing are in fact made of plastics ( the 2 piece belly pan halves, the left and right side fairing upper panels, and the 2 pieces of the front/lower fairing that fits under the nose and that covers the middle radiator....) these 6 pieces are not painted over carbon, but are painted plastic.

This SB8R is OK...there are a few interesting upgrades, but not all that much really. Why not go with GP full race spec brakes for example? The custom undertail exhaust is OK, but is it dyno tuned to the engine???

My guess is that it may be a used track bike or used race bike....which is always a turn off IMHO...because these bikes usually have had multiple crashes and/or drops, as well as having the piss run out of them.

Before I would consider this bike Id have to see it with the fairing off to assess potential crash damage. I may be wrong but the guy who is selling it does not seem to know very much about the bike.

The BIMOTA SB8R/SB8RS works well with the stock engine. The TLR Suzuki engines are bulletproof when stock, but loose alot of their reliability once the engines are modified. The big bore kit should only be done with the rods upgraded to match.

Ill be watching the auction just to see if it sells.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: