Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

thoughts on the BB1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have replaced the engine top engine mounts on my bike and the vibration has reduced drastically. idle to 5000rpm is almost vibration free and after 5k there is a little vibes which I actually like.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good thing to replace Smile are they standard mounts or have you cooked up something special?
TonyMarjoram

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 2/4strokes in Singapore!

You mention that you "replaced the engine top engine mounts on my bike and the vibration has reduced drastically. idle to 5000rpm is almost vibration free and after 5k there is a little vibes which I actually like."

I have just bought a BB1 and have been thinking about a vibration fix - what did you do? Any details most appreciated. I read elsewhere that maybe Bimota ditched the Rotax balancer, but do not think this was the case. Being an old Triton man from the UK, I also wonder about the balance factor being wrong for the Bim frame, but can't find anything on that, so far.

Any info you have would be most appreciated, its been a while since your post, and hoping all goes well.

Cheers

Tony
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about the bb1 has always been that bimota fitted the BMW funduro engine without flexible rubber engine mounts.... Unlike what BMW did with their funduro which is where the engine came from... Thus vibration was worse.... So... Bimota fitted double depth rubbers in the foot pegs.... And mounted the clip ons to the fork tops with rubber sleeves behind... Which has always felt weird to me.... Flexible bars.... I'd check with bmw/BMW owners of that bike to see what the difference is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: