Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

should I ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: should I ? Reply with quote

buy this Marchenisi magnesium swingarm for my SB8?

http://cgi.ebay.it/BIMOTA-SB8-forcellone-in-magnesio-marchesini-nuovo-/250757898760?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item3a6255e208

drool Very Happy
djt77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be rude not to, don't ya think
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends why you want it........
If you want it because it's lighter than the original alloy arm, then go for it but there can't be a huge weight saving. The sb8 arm I've got in the garage is feather light.
If you want it for asthetics........if it's coated it looks the same as original, if it's not coated it will tarnish and won't hold a good polishing Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Oily, rather have 2 sets of sticky rubber then change the swing arm. Unless there is a change in length and geometry that improves handling?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't read the description but if your buying internationally you need to be sure it's what it says it is. Magnesium reacts with the air (as far as I know) so I'd assume that has a clear coating over it, if not it needs one.

You get bragging rites though, your suspension will be a little faster, it says Bimota experience (?) on it too.

Tyre can be bought anytime, you'll only get one chance to buy this, so if you've got the dosh why not ?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware that Marchesini manufactured swingarms - first I've ever seen. A true one-off? Can't have been that much demand for aftermarket swingarms for the SB8. Must dig a little deeper......... Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the rear shock attach on an SB8?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a bracket on the r/h arm upper - it's missing on this one, but just needs a magnesium bracket fabbing and welding on. Easy peasy. Very Happy
I have e-mailed Marchesini to check on it's authenticity, but they haven't replied yet - but then I doubt that they will!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: emailing an italian company? Reply with quote

There are 2 types of people that email italian companies waiting for replies. patient ones and those that have passed away. Still waiting for Brembo to tell me if they still make DB2 discs with 25mm offset, only from last April, so still patiently waiting.....................
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too true Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: emailing an italian company? Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
There are 2 types of people that email italian companies waiting for replies. patient ones and those that have passed away. Still waiting for Brembo to tell me if they still make DB2 discs with 25mm offset, only from last April, so still patiently waiting.....................

Get in touch with Ian Edwards of Mode Performance 01327 855 999 they're in Silverstone. I wanted special fittment discs for my FZR400 (I'm fitting some CBR400 Dymags) and they got them made up, cost about £150 a side which is what you'd pay for Brembos anyway. If you send them a disk they can copy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: