Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Post pics of your YB's here.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laminator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Post pics of your YB's here. Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a thread to get all our YB's together.

I'll start with a few of mine.

YB4

YB7

Both together

whybeeten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1992 YB10 Dieci bought last October but not really ridden to its full potential due to the shit weather,roll on spring... Very Happy
who

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my baby Very Happy

I'm a Yamaha man really. The FZ- FZR are my preoccupation, and so hence I've ended up happily here. Bimota is the logical progression for those who wish to move from production motorcycle, to perfection Smile

Amongst, others in the 5 valve linage I have a number of OW01's, however the YB series has now my full attention! I will have finished by the end of the year another couple of YB's (probably set as YB4's) for racing purposes in the newly ratified P6 category. Cheers.
laminator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added another YB to the collection so thought I'd resurect this thread.

YB9 SR, sprayed in racing colours. Those of you in the 'know' will see the rear tail section has also been cut down. (I think it looks great)

oily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The paint work looks very good Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a used example, just needs a bit of TLC, well thats after I find out why the flatsides piss fuel out every now and again.

Previous owner spent lots of dosh, big bore, cams, rods, 6 speed box, carbon dymags.

AP brakes etc, then left it to rot in a garage for 7 years.
Thunderace Akropavic supersport system sounds much better than standard, and doesn't seem to have messed the power delivery up.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see your Mrs is keeping the turf well trimmed, nice new tyres on that bike, look like they've only done 100miles or so, 10% of them at walking pace...
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girlie always keeps it well trimmed . Laughing
philfingers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taken last week, proof enough that it does come out the garage

03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rubber trim on the side of the fairings there Phil, where did you het that from?

Also note you are still using guiness for your rear brake fluid Laughing
philfingers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, all good thanks!
I drained the fluid, heated it in the pan to evaportae off the water and then filtered it through by son's sock. it's a lot clearer than it was before. I realluy should renew it
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
hondablack1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Ride height . Reply with quote

Hi, just looking at pics of your YB4, nice bike. Small point but if you look at the rear hub of your bike, the chain adjuster is on the wrong position, unless you are very short. Don't mean to be rude here.
If you study the hub, there are three small holes which appear in the bottom hemisphere of the adjuster, on your bike. These should be on top. What you have is a bike with a saggy bottom, the rear will be an inch or thereabouts lower than it should be. This will affect the handling of your bike somewhat.
It will make it slow steering and unresponsive. Worse still, prone to slappers!
Unless you drop the fork yokes to compensate, I would suggest you put this right.
Your bike will then steer a whole lot better.
Hope this helps.
laminator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ride height . Reply with quote

hondablack1 wrote:
Hi, just looking at pics of your YB4, nice bike. Small point but if you look at the rear hub of your bike, the chain adjuster is on the wrong position, unless you are very short. Don't mean to be rude here.
If you study the hub, there are three small holes which appear in the bottom hemisphere of the adjuster, on your bike. These should be on top. What you have is a bike with a saggy bottom, the rear will be an inch or thereabouts lower than it should be. This will affect the handling of your bike somewhat.
It will make it slow steering and unresponsive. Worse still, prone to slappers!
Unless you drop the fork yokes to compensate, I would suggest you put this right.
Your bike will then steer a whole lot better.
Hope this helps.

Hi, the YB4 seems OK with the adjuster that way up. A couple of spacers had to be made to lift the mudguard so it had enough clearance from the rear tyre. The steering damper has been wound on a bit more and the front end seems fine. I'm thinking of taking it in for a suspension setup, in spring, to set it up correctly. As with all Bimotas I've ridden they can be very stiff on the backend with factory settings. As you can see the adjuster on the YB7 is the correct way up.

The YB9 is at the other extreme, the back is very high and front end biased. It does like corners Smile
hondablack1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , yes good speech. I've not had my bike on the road for 10 years. I have a YB6 which I am just finishing a rebuild on. Thinking of going to Maxtons to get mine set up properly. As I remember it was hard at the back end but beautiful handling. After all they weren't built for comfort, eh ?
who

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a copy of the original sales brochure for my YB6 ie on a obscure Japanese web site. The blog that went with it (thank god for translators) explains that these 4 Bimbo's were indeed Tutaras as ordered (conventional forks and instruments) made and painted this way at the bimota factory, for the Japanese dealer (worlds largest in 1988). Makes it a rare one indeed. And settles the 56 or 60 made question.

That"s 3,390,000 Yen or 28,245 quid or 44,960 Australian. Quite a bit of dosh back in 1988?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: