Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

FS Marchesini Magnesium Wheels set for BIMOTA SB8 models NEW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: FS Marchesini Magnesium Wheels set for BIMOTA SB8 models NEW Reply with quote

For sale;

Marchesini Magnesium 5 spoke Wheels to fit the BIMOTA SB8R, SB8RS, SB8K, SB8K Gobert Replica.....real "Racers Gold" not painted nor powder coated.

These are the same exact wheels that the BIMOTA factory used on the WSB winning SB8 at Philip Island in Australia ridden by Anthony Gobert in 2000. These same wheels can be seen on the famous Moto Corse BIMOTA SB8R show bike, and many other racing and/or project bikes.

Marchesini stopped making Racers Gold wheels about 10 years ago. And they stopped making wheels for the SB8 model BIMOTAs as well.

These were the last set of Magnesium Racers Gold wheels that Marchesini made toer fit the model. I bought these directly from the USA BIMOTA importer. They were mounted on his new zero mile SB8RS show bike.

These wheels are new with zero miles. They were on a show bike, and are now in their original boxes. I happen to have 2 other sets of these same wheels on 2 of my SB8RS bikes.

Im selling these because they are a spare set that I no longer need. I had them as spares for my race bikes but never needed to use them.

They are real "Racers Gold" which is a very expensive and ultra light weight method of anodizing followed by dipping into ultra thin light weight clear top coating. This method of protecting magnesium was used to save weight on racing wheels. Racers Gold has its own unique look and includes minute flaws in color and clear coat. Because of its high cost, and the fact that other methods to color/paint/powder coat wheels gives a more perfect surface and uniform color, Marchesini and other wheel makers have stopped using this method.

Racers Gold wheels are now extremely hard to find, especially in new condition. And Marchesini along with most other manufacturers no longer make wheels for the SB8 models.

Brand New Marchesini Magnesium Wheels retail/MSRP for $4500 USD.....Im asking $3995 USD OBO.

The wheels are complete with cush drive. All you need is to mount the brake discs, sprocket and tires and put them on the bike.

Contact Doug for more info and/or pictures

Located in Colorado USA

(303) 761-4626

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

thanks
daotoys1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: FS Marchesini Magnesium Wheels set for BIMOTA SB8 models Reply with quote

daotoys1 wrote:
For sale;

Marchesini Magnesium 5 spoke Wheels to fit the BIMOTA SB8R, SB8RS, SB8K, SB8K Gobert Replica.....real "Racers Gold" not painted nor powder coated.

These are the same exact wheels that the BIMOTA factory used on the WSB winning SB8 at Philip Island in Australia ridden by Anthony Gobert in 2000. These same wheels can be seen on the famous Moto Corse BIMOTA SB8R show bike, and many other racing and/or project bikes.

Marchesini stopped making Racers Gold wheels about 10 years ago. And they stopped making wheels for the SB8 model BIMOTAs as well.

These were the last set of Magnesium Racers Gold wheels that Marchesini made toer fit the model. I bought these directly from the USA BIMOTA importer. They were mounted on his new zero mile SB8RS show bike.

These wheels are new with zero miles. They were on a show bike, and are now in their original boxes. I happen to have 2 other sets of these same wheels on 2 of my SB8RS bikes.

Im selling these because they are a spare set that I no longer need. I had them as spares for my race bikes but never needed to use them.

They are real "Racers Gold" which is a very expensive and ultra light weight method of anodizing followed by dipping into ultra thin light weight clear top coating. This method of protecting magnesium was used to save weight on racing wheels. Racers Gold has its own unique look and includes minute flaws in color and clear coat. Because of its high cost, and the fact that other methods to color/paint/powder coat wheels gives a more perfect surface and uniform color, Marchesini and other wheel makers have stopped using this method.

Racers Gold wheels are now extremely hard to find, especially in new condition. And Marchesini along with most other manufacturers no longer make wheels for the SB8 models.

Brand New Marchesini Magnesium Wheels retail/MSRP for $4500 USD.....Im asking $3995 USD OBO.

The wheels are complete with cush drive. All you need is to mount the brake discs, sprocket and tires and put them on the bike.

Contact Doug for more info and/or pictures

Located in Colorado USA

(303) 761-4626

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

thanks

In looking over the wheels I notice a few minor imperfections in the clear coat. All my other Racers Gold wheels also have this type of blemish because the wheels are dipped into the final clear protective coating rather than being sprayed as done now.

Im lowering my asking price to $3600 USD including delivery within the mainland USA with Delivery Confirmation and Insured to full value.

This is a good price. Brand New Marchesini magnesium wheels are retail/MSRP for $4500 USD or more ( they just had a 20% increase in price).

Please note; Marchesini no longer makes wheels for the older BIMOTAs, and Racers Gold was discontinued almost 10 years ago.

If you want your BIMOTA SB8 to look like a true replica racer of the time period, these Racers Gold wheels are a must......Smile

I hope everyone is out riding

Smile
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM TAKING ANY REASONABLE OFFERS...........

Enjoy the ride

Smile
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheels are now on USA Ebay Auction. Info and pictures.

Search either Marchesini and/or BIMOTA to find them.

good luck
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daotoys1 wrote:
The wheels are now on USA Ebay Auction. Info and pictures.

Search either Marchesini and/or BIMOTA to find them.

good luck

They are now on Ebay with a Buy it now Price below $3K USD......and a lowered reserve price as well.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: