Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

how many db5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fms

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: how many db5 Reply with quote

Curious if anyone knows how many DB5 (with all the sub models) have been produced. I've had my eye on a db2 tricolore but now being torn between the db2 and the db5r.
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is 2 very different bikes to choose from even if they do share the same lineage. Factors such as current price, likely residual value and quality of ride are all so personal its like asking which women do you prefer? Who knows, its up to you. Personally I would go for the ex miss world mute.

I love the DB2's. Classic lines, just enough power to be able to use it all, reached about as low as they will ever be in value and can only go up from there. But, I am lucky enough to also own more modern machinery to enjoy the incredible power to weight and handling abilities of modern bikes such as the DB5r. Future classic? absolutely. If just one bike in the garage that would be my choice. Hands down. If you are happy, single, or dont give a monkeys what the wife will say then get them both!

To sum up:

Only bike , get the DB5r
2nd bike to be part of the Bimota experience. DB2...

There you go, sorted Laughing
bimotard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one DB5 special too, DB5C by Moto Corse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the db5 corse but those are a little harder to get your hands on.

So no one really knows how many of the newer bimota db series have been produced after db4?

I do enjoy the "modern" art of the db5r where you can see a lot of the detail in the chassis and design of the bike but also the looks and old school look of the db2.
fms

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come on the internet I have seen several db5r with wet clutches and some with dry clutches? Did they switch the motors from year to year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: