Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

2Bims Clearout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 503
Location: Stafford, UK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

You would have been top of the list....but I've tried to identify who actually "needs" the parts...and yup...need and want have a fine line dividing them for some....and then theres total overlap with others.....Laminator has a "need" as his is cracked....Paul....just shares your paranoia as he had a bike with a cracked one....and 2 others he think may crack....they are still available from Rudolf...so....theres a source IF the untoward should happen.....


I suspect it would be quite easy to get one copied. Not sure if alloy would be the best choice of materiel (and if it were, which grade is well beyond my skills).

There is a small engineer on Facebook who will make 1 offs for bike parts. I used them for the spring retainers for the H100.

All the best

Katy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5448

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top hat pieces are....typical of Bimota...milled from one sold piece of billet....and the cap itself is wafer thin....as is the edge of the caps lip around the top....both of which needn't be as thin as they made them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
The top hat pieces are....typical of Bimota...milled from one sold piece of billet....and the cap itself is wafer thin....as is the edge of the caps lip around the top....both of which needn't be as thin as they made them


Weight reduction where ever possible 2bims Laughing
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5448

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
The top hat pieces are....typical of Bimota...milled from one sold piece of billet....and the cap itself is wafer thin....as is the edge of the caps lip around the top....both of which needn't be as thin as they made them


Weight reduction where ever possible 2bims Laughing


Except for the rider.... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
who wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/3UtGQ1Wh.jpg

Hi Steve can you shoot me a price one these? Cheers.


Both steering stem caps accounted for now unfortunately.....I know that Rudolf has had them remanufactured....as "one size fits all" on the Bimota range...SB2 thru to SB6/7...DB1-DB4.....KB1-KB3...YB4-YB11.....he's asking 75 euros a pop though

https://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/db2/lenkkopfrohrmutter-detail.html?Itemid=470


75 euro ea!

Shocked
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
The top hat pieces are....typical of Bimota...milled from one sold piece of billet....and the cap itself is wafer thin....as is the edge of the caps lip around the top....both of which needn't be as thin as they made them


Weight reduction where ever possible 2bims Laughing


Except for the rider.... Laughing


Yeah you see on a lot of forums... people trying to shave off ounces here and there and spending thousands replacing steel bolts with Ti bolts and the rider is most likely 30 kgs overweight Rolling Eyes
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5448

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
who wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/3UtGQ1Wh.jpg

Hi Steve can you shoot me a price one these? Cheers.


Both steering stem caps accounted for now unfortunately.....I know that Rudolf has had them remanufactured....as "one size fits all" on the Bimota range...SB2 thru to SB6/7...DB1-DB4.....KB1-KB3...YB4-YB11.....he's asking 75 euros a pop though

https://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/db2/lenkkopfrohrmutter-detail.html?Itemid=470


75 euro ea!

Oh yeh....not cheap....but then he is the only person .in the world....who has any for sale....and only because when he ran out he went and found someone to remanufacture them...so yeh...it can be down...but if it was 3D CNC'd up...he probably had to order a whole batch to make it worthwhile......I've just ordered some shiney CNC stuff from China...but for my KDX.....Prices are creeping up on bits and pieces from over there...Bit like when Japan starting selling cheap electronics, watches and cars.....and then eventually their products got real good...but no longer as cheap....by which time your own home market making the stuff had long since folded....History repeating


Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Sweetie Jar being emptied Reply with quote

2bims wrote:


Top Hat caps for steering stem.....The most shared and common part on all Bimotas....Fits KB1 through to KB3...SB1-SB7....DB1-DB4...V-due....YB4-YB11





Looks to be 2 different types of the top hats?
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Sweetie Jar being emptied Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:


Top Hat caps for steering stem.....The most shared and common part on all Bimotas....Fits KB1 through to KB3...SB1-SB7....DB1-DB4...V-due....YB4-YB11





Looks to be 2 different types of the top hats?


Is the one on the right a reproduction maybe?
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
stockcar



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 728
Location: in the shadow of the "angel"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can easily sort one-offs as required as have access to a very tame old skool engineer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

The Bimota Forum has no official connection to Bimota S.p.A.. We just ride or are interested in their motorcycles and support the brand. All trademarks are acknowledged