Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW - 2020 - 28/29th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you participate? Bring a Bimota?
Yes 1 No.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes, More than 1 (Please specify No.)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No thanks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh....theres one other with 9bims on here in the UK....and another with 4 or 5....and all within 100miles of my gaff.....2017 show of 38 bikes was just 8 maybe 9 people.....that showed their bikes...but not all of them....Oh...and I have a friend with 4 bims....but as you know...thats not really trying it is?...And then theres another mate with 3bims and he's building 2 more.....Oh.....and PaulDB2 with 4bims....a mere 15mins from me....Step back 12 years....I had none...the most prolific collector in the UK had 1 but now has 13....They do seem to have a habit of "growing"
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaking "early" for Show prep this year.....Weather outside has helped that....Show cards for bikes to go to the show have been printed out and laminated up....

And a "quick" sneak preview of the planned set-up...I acquired some Original fotobustas from the Borsalino & Co French Movie ...and knocked up a frame out of some old architrave and painted it up....so it will be standing "red Carpet" style in front of some 1 of 1 Bimotas...that will be at the Show....Shown together for the First time ever....and some shown for the first time...FULLSTOP...

Cant say anymore about the Set-up...or bikes....as a few from other clubs that are showing also are on here....dont want to give the game away...I'm not so competitive...but they are...So I join in and of course have to beat them then....if they didn't bother neither would I?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Folks.....confirmation has been given that we are "in" for the Mcr Bike show.....and have been given a 12m x 12m space all on its own....thats 144m2 of floor space to fill

I'm in for 4 bikes to bring down...trimming my efforts this year

PaulDB2 says 4 or maybe 2....or 1.....depends what time he gets out of bed each morning between now and the show

BimotaAndy says yes....Maybe Picnic table SB3/4 makes a return and Mantra if it gets back together?

Gavin from way down south says yes and maybe 2 bikes.....strange...as he's sold his virus and still has his DB9 so maybe his recreation of the DB11VLX supercharger he;'s building will be ready? Or his Vdue engined Supercity?

Admin aka Katy says yes....YB10 and Gilera CX125

Philfinger maybe with SB6/YB11

Geekay?

Laminator?

Edd is coming again....not on here but SB7 for him

Vort says he's cruising with Mexican LAger Virus if his boat comes back from Japan in time to be fumigated and made ready

Some fellow whos name I cant recall coming from Chester with a YB11 (david Kenny)

SiBag with dayglo SB6 if hes not on Old Skool Suzuki club

Welshlamb….If he wins the lottery he's bringing 3bims all fully restored by professional mechanics and spray painters....otherwise a large box of parts to be derusted and oiled whilst at the show

THere is a fellow with a santa near Mcr

Another from Mcr with a DB4 tricolor..but its off the road and has no van

Ben Wylie?

Theres an Oldham Man with a DBX

Mick?....if weather is bad any chance of dragging something down?...if youre not holidaying in Italy, and France

So thats 30 bims or 11 bims min...…

Honda and BMW have pulled the plug from the show and lost deposits....sign of the times...Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, KTM and Harley Davidson and CCM are all booked to be there

Link to the show layout here:-...We.re C24 around 8pm on the plan if it was a clockface

https://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Manchester-Bike-Show-2020-Floor-Plan-Web.pdf

List of exhibitors here...Triumph and Royal ENfield there also...strangely no Norton.....

https://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/exhibitor-list/

Set-up day is the Friday 27th March.....Collection of bikes Sunday 29th March...the day the clocks go FORWARD one hour....
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaping up to be another great show 2bims. If I were anywhere near the UK in March I’d be there for sure. Some very rare motorcycles set to make an appearance there, if the rumours are true
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: