Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 parts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DB1 860



Joined: 23 Mar 2014
Posts: 152
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
and just to add to my list... does anyone have a spare DB4/3 frame cover they are prepared to sell?

free image uploads

just need ONE for my project


I too made an offer on the parts that Centrepoint where selling as All I needed was one frame cover... they did drop the price... but still too much for a cover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 6973

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get that Centrepoint place.....Its almost as if they deliberately strip certain parts off bikes....sell the bikes cheaply and then when you try to complete the bikes with the parts they've forgotten to fit...they want an arm and a leg for them....lure you in cheaply then rape and pillage you for the finishing touches.....They've had parts there for years that they just wont shift on the prices....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
welshlamb



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 480
Location: South Wales , Nr. Abergavenny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Why the parts? Reply with quote

Yes DB2, Yes clutch cover, not carbon.
_________________
Not as many bikes as I would like and already too many to keep up with!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
welshlamb



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 480
Location: South Wales , Nr. Abergavenny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly getting there!
Still looking for
- Petrol tank and fittings
- DB2 specific mirrors (ie not cagiva mito, although Im still looking at ways to be able to use them!)

Many thanks for the leads and help so far in sourcing the other parts
Seat Unit
MPH speedo
Petrol cap flap
DB4 frame end cap
Chain slider
Cush drive bolts/rubbers
Rear disc

The search goes on ...

Cheers !!
_________________
Not as many bikes as I would like and already too many to keep up with!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 3604
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1 860 wrote:
welshlamb wrote:
and just to add to my list... does anyone have a spare DB4/3 frame cover they are prepared to sell?

free image uploads

just need ONE for my project


I too made an offer on the parts that Centrepoint where selling as All I needed was one frame cover... they did drop the price... but still too much for a cover


Also found on the Vdue…. although they used a slightly different shaped cutter to do the b logo, also the overall depth of the cover is slightly different.... look almost identical though
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 3604
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
DB1 860 wrote:
welshlamb wrote:
and just to add to my list... does anyone have a spare DB4/3 frame cover they are prepared to sell?

free image uploads

just need ONE for my project


I too made an offer on the parts that Centrepoint where selling as All I needed was one frame cover... they did drop the price... but still too much for a cover


Also found on the Vdue…. although they used a slightly different shaped cutter to do the b logo, also the overall depth of the cover is slightly different.... look almost identical though








DB4 on left and Vdue on the right



.
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
welshlamb



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 480
Location: South Wales , Nr. Abergavenny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every day is a school day at Bimota!! I think the earlier version gives a more distinct 'b' shape but they are both very attractive.
_________________
Not as many bikes as I would like and already too many to keep up with!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 3604
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Every day is a school day at Bimota!! I think the earlier version gives a more distinct 'b' shape but they are both very attractive.


My thoughts exactly Very Happy
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4 #104, '96 Bimota SB6 #1165, ‘94 Bimota DB2 J #652, '99 Bimota DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, ‘94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, ‘61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
welshlamb



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 480
Location: South Wales , Nr. Abergavenny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All thats left on the 'Unicorn' list is ....

COMPLETE FUEL TANK DB2

HAVE CONTACTED WELL KNOWN AUSSIE BREAKERS FOR ONE THEY HAVE LISTED BUT ANY OTHER LEADS WELCOME!!

fingers crossed!
_________________
Not as many bikes as I would like and already too many to keep up with!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

The Bimota Forum has no official connection to Bimota S.p.A.. We just ride or are interested in their motorcycles and support the brand. All trademarks are acknowledged